WOW I feel awful!!! Long...

Maybe someone can shed some light on this one for me?? I’ve been about 75-100% raw for about a year. Before that, off and on for about 3 years. A typical day for me is a super smoothie in the morning with nutmilk, greens, fruit, cacao, and maybe some phytoplankton or other green addition. Salad for lunch and dinner or maybe a cooked yam…. So last night I really wanted some hot chocolate so I compromised and made a little drink with cacao, brazil nut milk, agave, and a few cashews. Woah!! I couldn’t even finish it and I just about passed out. I felt sick and heavy and went right to bed. I slept really hard and woke up feeling worse. Extreme fatigue, Headache, acne, nausea, YUK!! Felt like an alchohol hangover and I haven’t drank in years!

So I made a glass of purple cabbage juice to ease my tummy and it helped some. I still felt headachy and weak.

So then I spied my leftover chocolate drink in the fridge which had turned mousse like from the temp and I couldn’t resist. It was soooo delicious I was in heaven and felt like I discovered a new miracle recipe…there was only a few tablespoons of the stuff left….

Within minutes all the symptoms were back with a vengeance, plus a super angry mood swing..What the??? Is this a detox? I feel like I could sleep for a week and my body feels like it’s made of lead…..super nauseated and my head is pounding.

Anybody have any ideas?

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I’ve got like that after drinking nut milk with cacao before. I’ve quit nuts now and it doesn’t happen any more. If I get a nausea feeling with anger, I always put it down to a stressed out liver, so I have no fat, but maybe just juiced greens, grapefruit, apples, pears and lemons and everything is sorted out in a day usually.

• mmm, good advice. After my original post I took 3 chlorella caps and took a nap and I feel so much better!

• bananaboybananaboy Raw Superstar

Cacao = Poison

Remove it from your diet and you will feel much better.

(I know I will hear it fromn the cacao addicts now!)

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

It’s so weird; some days I take cacao, and I feel AWESOME. Then, I take it the next day, and feel crappy…

Yesterday and today were cacao days for me. Yesterday = awesome, today = pretty craptastic

I think I’ll be cutting it out for awhile since it seems to afflict me so differently depending on the day

• i think if you dont use cacao every day you need to introduce it to yourself slowly. maybe thats the reason you didnt feel good. i wouldnt give up on something you like unless you really find after slow attempts to introduce it to yourself…. that it doesnt work. good luck

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Great advice-Zoe. I’m careful with brazil nuts, lauralai. I read they go rancid easily. Once i made taco meat with them, something that was not a new recipe and I was sick as a dog, but that’s a different kind of sick than what you are describing. I’ve had this same problem with pumpkin seeds. Horrible toxic vomiting – lasts about 8 hours!