Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Economic Meltdown in Iceland

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Today, just today, the Icelandic Krone dropped an estimated 25-60% in total value.

Whatever money people had in their wallet has HALVED in value, just today.

All banks in Iceland have closed their doors to prevent a run on the banks. The prime minister has declared all banks Bankrupt, as well as a kind of economic martial law where the Gov’t takes over the financial system to try save what can be saved. No bailout for Icelandic banks.

EXCITING TIMES!

Comments

• Just to let you all know, this isnt just happening in Iceland. For the first time in 4 years did the DOW open at below 9000 points. It has been dropping steadily all today. The last figures I looked at it dropped 450 points just today and this was with the economic bailout plan alreayd signed and passed!

The reason said it was because of the banks failing because United States banks are failing. Governments around the world are doing the same as Iceland, or doing the same as us and trying to do bailouts for their banks.

Hopefully this shows America that the bailout plan did NOT work.

• http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gHs5OM3gFG_D…

Thats a bit of the thing I was talking about.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Things are bad around the world. http://news.bbc.co.uk/

I had no idea things would get this bad. sigh Tis scary. This is what happens when greedy, unscrupulous people run the world.

• Yep, they are all at it, one way or another. David Wolfe says ‘grow your own veg’ Now i know how profound that statement is!

• The Icelandic Prime Minister:

“There is a very real danger, fellow citizens, that the Icelandic economy, in the worst case, could be sucked with the banks into the whirlpool and the result could be national bankruptcy….

The position has today altered completely and for the worse. Major credit lines to the banks have been closed and it was decided this morning to suspend trading with the banks and with the savings funds in the Icelandic Stock Exchange. “

Well.. as many had predicted this seems to be the beginning of the ending of the banking system as we know it!

read more

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

Ever thought that this has been part of the plan all along. The powers that be are wanting things to fail, then they step up and say hey we can help you all and then we are all slaves to them because they rule everything, they have the food, the money, they have us all drugged up and say hey you do our will and we will give you your thyroid fix or whatever.

My husband thinks that is stupid because he thinks they will want the world to continue running. but think about it people who want to rule the world are sick and they are only thinking of themselves and if they control everything they can decide what goes where and to whom and they wont care as long as they have what THEY want…

remember history always repeats itself, so look at all the kingdoms of the past the royalty lives in a lap of luxury while the peasants starve.

• Power always wants more power in todays world. I honestly dont believe the power elite will be happy until the choice government is Minitrue, Minipax, Miniplenty, and Miniluv.

It is a very powerful feeling to know that so many peoples lives are in your hands to do with what you will.

I cannot even imagine how it would feel to be so sick to relish in the misery of others. I also cannot imagine why one would want to but history is full of sick greedy bastards that will do anything no matter how despicable to get what they want and the rush they get by having their thumb on people, to decide who lives and who dies and when.

• Blue_Eyes – I couldn’t agree with you more, as far as I am concerned I am convinced 100% that this crisis has been planned for a long time, it is just too obvious to me. The politicians and mainstream media want you to believe that the bankers have made a “mistake” by lending too much money (how naive), just think about it, bankers (often the same families like the Rothschilds) have been lending money for centuries (if not millennia) and suddenly they no longer know how to run their business and estimate risks… quite strange to say the least!

In my opinion these are the real reasons of the so called banking crisis:

1. Wipe out the middle class and baby boomers’ savings

2. To introduce a new system (a new world order if you like) you must first demolish the old structure. Once the system has failed the governments will introduce a new banking system claiming that the past errors should not be repeated and offer to have a new and better solution, a new environment and maybe a global one with a new global electronic currency (this may take few more years though)

or maybe I am simply too creative!! LOL

melaverde I agree completely this is all so scary and yes it may be a little ways off. But I really don’t think we can really be prepared for what is going to happen. I do agree with Kevlar on that we need to stock up for an emergency. What they are doing with the gas prices themselves if the trucks stop moving we are in big trouble. With so many people living in cities, it will be horrible with the food moving to come to a screeching halt.

I am not a big fan of “reality TV” I do enjoy like dancing with the stars I grew up watching ballroom dancing on TV, with three channels you take interest.But for me watching shows like fear factor and the like, make me think of a Steven King book I read a long time ago, the only one that really got to me. It was “The Long Walk” that he wrote under the name of Richard Bachman. if you read it you will understand my meaning. It comes to me because you can already see what extremes people will go to for money. And of course there is nothing more extreme to me than this book. I cannot watch the shows because of the images that come to mind.

But yet it I think about it to long it will drive me mad and I need to be clear minded and healthy if I am going to survive. I fear mostly for my granddaughters that will be the ones who will be living in the nightmare longer than I.

I sure hope I am wrong, so very very wrong. But my heart tells me I am not so far off. A friend of mine who used to be in the banking business said to me when they were discussing this bailout and what they were purposing she had to turn off the TV and find something to do to get her mind off of it. She said it made her feel ill.

This plan has been in motion for more years than I have been alive, and I am clueless on what to do.

I have always gotten upset with the people who create the futuristic shows because they have always portrayed it in a dark and depressing light. Are we a victim of our own perverse thinking. And is there enough people who can wake up and change things before it is too late? I don’t know how exactly the world is going to go but I do know life as we know it is going to change.

I read somewhere could have been on this site or not, that we needed to experience wealth and lots of stuff, being materialistic, to get it out of our collective existence, sick of it all so to speak, so we can return to a more simple life without so much want.

melaverde- what you wrote

The politicians and mainstream media want you to believe that the bankers have made a “mistake” by lending too much money (how naive), just think about it, bankers (often the same families like the Rothschilds) have been lending money for centuries (if not millennia) and suddenly they no longer know how to run their business and estimate risks… quite strange to say the least!

Yes this is line with they wanted us to believe that the entire state of Florida having used the same ballot for years had suddenly forgot how to vote. And that is how we got bush, never mind the popular vote said Gore won. How is that for telling us that our votes do not count. I have seen that mentality working here in the town where I live, the city board is always doing the opposite of what we want, why do they even ask us if they already know they are going to do it. It is an insult they just laugh in our face.

OMG how stupid do they think we are?

• I heard Naomi Klein speak on the radio a few days ago, and she blew my mind. :) http://www.naomiklein.org/shock-doctrine

The Shock Doctrine discusses how politicians use ‘crisis’ as a way to pass legislation and do things that politicians have been waiting for the ‘right time’ to do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kieyjfZDUIc

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

This is so sad. I have never been one for conspiracy theories but I honestly think that Bush is just such a bad president that it HAS to be a setup. I mean, come on – how clueless does he look on the camara? Everytime I see him speak – I just can’t believe how incompetent he comes off.

If the middle class and baby boomers are destoryed what the country is left with are very poor and very rich. Don’t they realize that middle class do help keep the country moving? Rich people mostly sit around on their butts and accumulate more money (ok I know not all but that what it honestly seems like most of them do) – I never amazes me – how did they get so rich and have all this time to go on vacations and seem like they never work? Well, someone has to do the work – that is the middle class and lower classes. (can you tell I am not that fond of rich people). I hate to see what happens if the middle class totally disappears – don’t they realize that everyone will be effected even the rich?

The rich seem to have this air that they will always be OK – if your food isn’t brought in what are you going to do? If the world really runs out of oil, there is NO one that won’t be effect no matter who you are? Do you think rich people know how to grow there own food or forage? No. They will be begging people like us who know how to do these things to do it for them – imagine the high prices we can charge. hehe!

What does everything think will happen when Bush is finally gone for good?

I am so crushed because of how bad the recession is getting – my bf and I may have to give up our California dream and move back to the Midwest as there are no jobs and we are running out of money. I feel totally powerless of what to do and I honestly feel trapped.

queenfluff, I am so sorry you might have to move back here I hope that doesn’t happen this weather sucks, it was just a joke about my job. I hope things work out for the best for you, I hate to see dreams get torn away.

on the bush note (and no he does not deserve a capital B or a title) I too think he is an idiot, the way he acts on TV I do not really think it is too much of an act. He is not at the leading edge he is just a pawn and who ever gets in next will not do better for the country. It really is a waste of time to vote because they aren’t the ones running this county. Remember back when he was running for president the first time, He had all the symptoms of being on coke, always messing with his nose, and I would get so mad he would be in the middle of an interview and he could not even answer questions because he was to concerned about that stupid dog (sorry dog) and could not stay focused, now come on you really think Americans would really vote in that guy?

On the same note we can’t let them make us give up our right to vote either, then they win big time it we just stop because we know it doesn’t work. And I don’t believe Americans voted him in the second time to thinking he could clean up his own mess. They were just better at messing with the votes that all.

I was thinking that I could still write in Ron Paul but then my friend said “hey do you really think you can do a write in on an electronic ticket” oh well see. Technology could be so helpful but we have bad people using it for evil reasons. And no you don’t have to be religious to use the word “evil”

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

I’ve been wondering what else passed with the bail-out bill. What little tidbit was hidden among the financial costs and did not get mentioned in the media, but will affect us all profoundly? What else got passed in the shadows of the big bill?

• SueSue Raw Newbie

Yes, looks like we’re in trouble. I just got my son’s college fund (he’s 12) statement and every penny I deposited for the past 3 months (1200.00) is GONE. I may as well have lit the money on fire for all the good it did. I don’t even want to look at my 401k. I hate to agree with any kind of conspiracy theory, but that’s what it looks like from where I’m standing. By the way, I heard some of the “pork” (ironic!!) they threw in this bill was a big tax break for Hollywood. Meanwhile I heard Johnny Depp is getting 60 million for his next pirates’ movie, and Tom Hank, 40 mil for his next project. Maybe we should all boycott the media?? Thanks for letting me vent.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

LITTLE GEMS Thanks for the previous link.

Here is a link for Keith Olbermann interviews Naomi Klrin on her shock doctrine theory, that ends with Olbermann talking about the next possible shock used in America and states, “Let’s see, If we do slide into a recession maybe that is the one we are looking for next.”

• Many people “feel” (intuit) there is something terribly wrong- there is something going on behind the scenes that we are just not being told about. Some people have been trying to tell us of this for a long time now and now that so much is finally, obviously falling apart, many more people’s intuition is yelling louder and louder to them that things are not what they appear to be. Things are not what we have been fed and told for a very long time.

Links to videos and info you may find enlightening to explaining why some people could be so greedy, selfish and even evil-acting as to perpetuate these events that we are all being affected by now. See if you cannot understand why after viewing these:

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=55474814… “Zeitgeist”

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-3719259… “Loose Change”

David Icke’s “Secret of the Matrix”

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-571613… “Secrets of the Matrix” – part I (2 hrs)

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

thanks for the videos, aspire. This world is like V for Vendetta or Orwell’s 1984… it’s becoming more like that every day.

Sue i’m terribly sorry to hear that! I can’t imagine how it feels to lose everything – that’s happening to so many people right now, it’s scary!!

newbie i wonder the same thing – what’s in that bail out bill they aren’t telling us about? and how will they use fear to exert even more control over us and take away our rights – not just in this country but worldwide.

• From am email I received recently. Talks about what may secretly be behind the BailOut some of you are wondering about… along with , as someone earlier mentioned, the plan of the Elite yet Behind the Scene Few to gain control of all the markets and debt, thereby then telling us we must establish a One World Gov’t, New World Order- both Bushes have even spoken of it in past speaches:

“Just months ago, Congress addresses the imminent martial law plan – in private, secret session on March 13th, 2008.

http://polidics.com/ethics/congress-addresses-t…

The economic crisis we are now in was announced to our “public servants” last March in the secret session of Congress.

Debate about this secret session in Congress: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB-JGqDukbY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiFlouOozpk&feat… Leaks about what was discussed in the secret session.

Congressman Sherman said that congress was threatened with martial law this week. Specifically, he says that Congress was told martial law would be imposed if they didn’t pass the Paulson bailout proposal.

Several other Congressmen state that last week there was threat of martial law if the extortion by banksters, approval of the bailout, was not complied with.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/There-s-No-Dif…

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

blueeyes – I want to write in my kitty Woog for the write-in candidate. :) I honestly think she would do a better job than anyone else. Woog rules for the country would be: Laze around in the sun, eat, sleep, sniff some catnip and enjoy life. :)

Sue – I made the mistake of looking at my 401K yesterday. I lost 4,000 dollars because they didn’t set up my money right it the stocks I requested (I moved money over from another company because I wanted it all together) and they I realzed yesterday that they didn’t do it right) And even worse, I am living off my 401K right now (yes, I know they say don’t do it but what are you supposed to when you have nothing) – yes, I have no job and haven’t been able to get one because of the recession. I honestly want to just take the rest of the money out rather than lose any more.

I don’t see why 401K and stocks are such a big deal – I mean, it seems so easy to lose money. And you can’t get at the money when you really need it – what good is that? There are all sort of plentites and such. I have never been happy with it. If I put my money in my mattress and the amount will always be the same unless I myself touch it. It really irks me to look in the 401K and have my mouth drop open because I lost money – who has my money? I have never been able to understand the stock market anyhow – I honestly think people who invest in high rick stocks must have some sort of gambling problem. Next job, I get I may not do 401K.

• SueSue Raw Newbie

queenfluff, I’m sorry about your 401k loss. I agree, if you put the money under your mattress, at least you will still have the same amount. The down side of that is when the market is (or I should say “was”) good, you can earn way more interest. It’s really a crap-shoot. I have a 401k with my employer and it grew exponentially for a few years, but now it’s taking a nose dive. I guess the best thing about a 401k is, if all goes well you will have $$ for the future. It’s all very stressful, I think I need a green smoothie fix…lol!! But seriously, I wish you the best in finding a new job. You certainly are qualified!

• So sorry that you have lost money in shares, esp for your son’s college fund, that is so rubbish. We heard on the news today that our Government (UK) is bailing out our high street banks, which means of course that they will have control over our cash. I didn’t like the Fat Cat bankers getting massive bonuses, but it reeks of something bad if the Government have fingers in the pie. Hope things get better for you guys :)

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

queenfluff~ A few thoughts… A good thang about a 401K is usually a company matches invested funds which makes one’s money invested “worth” more. And, of course there are the tax advantages. As for stock prices, ignore them until you need the money. If one is savy about the market and likes to “play” by buying/selling stocks then prices are important. Unless one has borrowed against their stock and the loan is tied to the stock value, it makes no difference how the stock market hiccups. The price of a stock that is important is the price the stock is at the time one wants to sell. A more important thang to consider is the company’s health the stock is from. Is the company going to be around or is it going bankrupt making the stock pretty much worthless. If you learn a little about the stock market, it might not be as frustrating.

I can relate to the frustration though… Lots of people are frustrated and scared. We are all going through tough times. Ugh!

• I read a book few years ago by Robert Prechter Conquer the Crash which talks about an imminent financial crisis, the one we are actually experiencing right now, I must honestly thank the author because it reaffirmed many of my fears about the real state of the economy and it helped me shelter the little savings I have (at least for now)....If you have time to read maybe it is not too late to get ready. Hate to be negative or catastrophic but it looks like it will get uglier.

aspire – Thx for the videos, I actually had already seen some, personally I like David Icke’s videos, tend to agree with a lot of his ideas.

• mjmackeymjmackey Raw Newbie

It is not a conspiracy. Rich people loose money when the stock market goes down as well. Many people who are well off got that way by investing. Market crashes affect everyone rich and poor.

• There are millions of millionaires in the USA alone, the majority will go down as a result of a massive crash (yes, rich people loose money as well) but the true world elite will get stronger, they always have for centuries and they’ll continue to run the show! It is not conspiracy but a sad fact!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ASPIRE

Finally made it thru the entire 3 parts of the “Secrets of the Matrix” there were times I thought this guy is off his rocker but by the end I was like “DUH!” complaining of all this is not the answer.

And I guess I am changing my reality in that I didn’t like my job so I decided to quit. And yes I should throw away my fear because it will work out because I am willing it to be.

You should really start a new thread with this info on the matrix for more people to see. They really need to watch it ALL the way through to get it. and not stop because they think the guy is nuts.

We all need to stop creating them destroying our food and banks and such and start creating what we really want!!

I especially love the part about “stop combing the mirror” that is what we are doing and it does not work!

• Yes it is getting bad everywhere.

Just as expected though.

But we can SOOOOOOOOO change it!!