Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Painkillers?

FruginiFrugini Raw Newbie

I am getting an IUD in tomorrow and am absolutely terrified. The dr told me I should start taking alleve or ibuprofen today to get ready and I am not comfortable taking those either. A friend of mine told me to drink cramp bark tea and smoke pot before going in. Are there any other more natural painkillers than drugs, pharmaceutical or otherwise?

Comments

• I did not take anything before but I am also a mom and went through childbirth without taking anything. It hurt like a contraction for a moment but then it went away. I had my IUD for about a year but had it removed because my body did not want it (felt like contractions on and off).

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Cancel and have your man get clipped(obviously not if you’re planning on kids with this chap) The stuff we do! I’m so glad not to be in my 20s and 30s today. This seems archaic!

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

I am with you Izpht, we fight to help the women in the Middle East, and voluntary have something jabbed up our privates. Whats wrong with women?

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

are IUD’s getting more popular again? This was not even brought up by my gyno as a possible birth control method. I hope all goes well with you though. If you are having doubts, perhaps you should wait a bit and think it through. good luck!

• FruginiFrugini Raw Newbie

I’ve been thinking about it, and think I should just go ahead and get it over with instead of fearing it for another few weeks. I don’t really see any alternative right now. Birth control pills just messed me up and I don’t want to try anything else with high hormone doses. I’ve been reading and thinking about rhythm method, but the pill messed up my already unpredictable cycle so I’m not sure I would ever be able to figure myself out. I am engaged, so monogamous, but very very very unready to have a child!! I can’t think of anything else to do…I’m just fighting the idea of putting mainstream painkiller chemicals into my body.

• ungratefulungrateful Raw Newbie

Have you tried condoms? they are painless, cheap and pretty reliable. Just like my ex-husband. :D

• FruginiFrugini Raw Newbie

Yes, I have tried condoms. But besides not liking them, I don’t trust them. I’m admittedly paranoid about pregnancy and even when I use a condom I’m still worried until my next cycle.

• dodododo Raw Newbie

how about a condom, and a contraceptive cap with a heafty dose of spermacide? any sperm gets past that lot deserves to live!

I had a IUD when i was younger, i hated it, i had cramps and the end wire sticks out of the cervix everso slightly (or it did with me anyway) and lacerated the privates of the guy i was seeing at the time. i had constant break through bleeding and was always aware of it.

• Here’s an interesting article which details several things you might try: http://www.canada.com/topics/bodyandhealth/stor…

Sorry you’re feeling afraid and others are adding to your fear. Whatever my personal feelings about IUDs are are irrelevant, as are anyone else’s, and I applaud you for taking responsibility for your sexuality and your life.

If it turns out you don’t like having the IUD, you can have it removed. I hope it works out just fine for you and is the solution you are looking for. :-)

Best to you.