Chicory: how are you doing? Has raw food helped??

Because I do not think I can email her, I am sending her this public email ‘thread which I hope she reads.

I know that she has a serious health problem, a couple months ago.

Anyhow, I am just hoping that you are feeling better. I will be praying for you.

God bless you!

~Shawn

Comments

• Its just that in your profile picture, you look very sick, and very sad. Not offense meant to you.

But, I really hope that you are doing better as I do not like to see or hear of people being sick.

• And please do not get me wrong.. I am NOT trying to stalk you or anything like that. I know very little about you, only because I read some threads.

Hope you are doing better.

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

Shawn no offense taken! people are always asking me what’s wrong, even when I feel happy lol! It’s this wrinkle that goes down the center of my forehead from squinting too much. Looks like an angry wrinkle. That picture is about 4 years old. I was going through all kinds of colonoscopies and things at the time, and was dealing with major intestinal problems and celiac diagnosis…. this was at a restaurant for my parents anniversary, and I hated going out to eat then because everyone always asks “well, you can’t you eat this or that? gee I feel bad that I’m gorging myself in front of you like this, lol, when I don’t really care~ but everyone else feels guilty :/ I feel a bit better than I did a few months ago, still always exhausted, still have trouble with walking etc, but the weird twitching, hot flashes, and pins and needles have mostly gone away. My digestive problems are GONE! that is an awesome liberating feeling, not to always feel some discomfort, even on your good days. I used to feel like my life revolved around the bathroom, and finding out where all the public restrooms were. Still need to get another MRI though, and see if this no MSG thing has made any improvements. I’m still hoping that the MS was a misdiagnosis and the lesions are from the neurotoxin, but trying not to be too hopeful :) Any suggestions for feeling lively would be great though! One of my lesions is on the brainstem, so It triggers sleepy feelings when my body should be super energized! Overall, in just being about 90 percent raw on average, about 3 months now, I have seen drastic improvements in skin sensitivity, digestion (no more IBS) mood swings, stopped losing hair, excessive underarm sweating stopped. That one was really embarrassing! and urinary troubles, frequency, infections, have disappeared. I definitely think that most of the symptoms that went away were somehow tied to consuming MSG in one form or another :). Thanks and hope that you aren’t asking me this because you too are unwell. Faerie Blessings!

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Chicory, this sockpuppet is setting you up.

nahhh…. no worries! ;)

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Your profile pic is gorgeous, by the way:-)

hehe! ugly ole sickly me! That was back when I actually had some hair… now it’s growing back in this isolated clump on this weird spot on my forehead.. it’s like my hairline is trying to move further down instead of recede…. maybe eating like a chimp will make me look like one too! that would be sweet!

• Glad to hear you are doing better! And that raw food is helping!!! Keep it up. I am with you all the way.

You are not ugly, at all. I’m ugly. Well, maybe not that bad. Anyhow, glad that that was 4 years ago. I am sure you must be doing much better now.

Peace.

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

belikejesus needs to work on his/her tact.

Chicory, keep it up though. I have a genetic disease called neurofibromatosis, and one symptom is fatty tumors that form on nerve endings. One of my largest ones on my side along the waist has shrunk dramatically. I attribute it to eating mostly raw. It had never even shrunk after dropping 30 lbs just on a SAD diet. I have only lost 10 since going raw and to see it shrink as much as it did has convinced me that raw has great benefits. My next step may be to try to get off these prescription meds. I plan on eventually seeing my neurologist about it. I wish you good health as well.

• What do you mean Caleb? Please help me work on my tact.

• Chicory – just weighing in to say you are really beautiful – I don’t get sick or sad from your picture at all. You look sweet. Glad to hear your health has improved so much! I have had ulcerative colitis since I was 9, so I can relate in a very minor way to your travails. My hopes are with you that the MS diagnosis was a mistake. It is crazy what MSG can do to one’s body! Please do keep us posted. It’s odd – we’re all silent posted voices and little boxed-in snapshots, yet you get the feeling that people on this forum truly are invested in each other’s wellbeing.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

Chicory! You DO have a lovely pic. I’m really glad that your digestive problems are gone from raw. That was my favorite perk of raw. It is so freeing!

Dagny-we’re all silent posted voices and little boxed-in snap shots, yet you get the feeling that people on this forum truly are invested in each other’s wellbeing you have such a way of saying things. It makes me happy.