Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Recipes that KEEP?

I need some help, if anyone has suggestions. I make and deliver raw foods. I prefer to show people how, (teach a man to fish…), but some people just DON’T have the time. And I do. :) Lucky me. Anyone, my clients live kinda far, so I am looking for recipes that will last in the fridge for at least a few days. Not ideal, I know, but three-day-old raw is better than a burger, right? Anyway, what do YOU make that will last for a few days or more? Thanks…

Comments

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

Salsa & flax crackers. Zucchini noodles with marinara or fettucini sauce in a seperate container to add right before eating.

• Sunflower Pate

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Zoe’s “Cheese With Spring Onions”

Any kind of pie/cheesecake/ice cream that stays in the freezer

Salad dressings & marinades – if your clients can buy salad greens &/or chop veggies to marinate, then having the sauces & dressings could be a way for them to have fresh stuff on the days you’re not delivering food.

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

I’m still experimenting with cookbooks. Matt Amsden’s Cauliflower Couscous rocked (use less salt and add a bit of garlic). I made it on a Saturday afternoon and was still eating it on Tuesday. It needed a squeeze of fresh lemon to perk up the flavours, which had mellowed a bit, but the texture was still great. Matthew Kenney’s Chili was also amazing. To it, I added fresh cilantro and extra chiles (when serving). Two days after making it, it still tasted fresh. I think it would have held up another day or two, easily. All my cheezes and crackers have lasted several days or more. My zucchini hummus held up beautifully for 4-5 days. I used extra tahini, but no olive oil and it never separated at all. Tasted as good on day 5 as on day 1. I’ve also made dehydrated falafels that were great for days. The only thing with them was that they needed a couple of hours in the dehydrator before eating, or else they were a bit sticky and soggy. Anything with a little salt and lemon juice will last longer, in my opinion, because they act somewhat as preservatives.

• Thanks for all your help! I’ll try those…

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

I agree with sweetpea about stuff with lemon jucie. I have had sunflower cheese that has lasted weeks. Andy my dressings (although not creamy) last over a week easily and usually have namu shoyu, olive oil and lemon juice in them. Sometimes one of the the is removed but will always have oil or lemon juice. I like combining tahini with the above mentioned.

I have also found the zucchini hummus will keep really well. My recent batch lasted about a week. I have also found marinara will last a long time.

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

Marinated mushrooms get better with time. I then serve them over a spinach salad. Hummus lasts a while. I have kept lasagne for 4 days and it was still great. I had to drain off the water after it sat the first night, but after that it is fine. Also, onion bread lasts forever!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

hi shakes! buy the cafe gratitude cookbook. they have AMAZING mexican recipes that can keep, and be assembled right before eating.