how to make smoothies less cold

bittbitt Raw Newbie

is there a trick to make a smoothie that does not make you shiver? lately it makes me so dang cold i can’t get over it!

i thought about letting it “melt” before drinking it.

any tips appreciated.

Comments

• dodododo Raw Newbie

if you make one using room temperature fruit and slightly warm water it should be better, i very rarely use ice or frozen fruit. cacao nibs added might make it feel warmer to the taste too

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

yeah, I don’t use frozen fruit unless I have to but it’s easily abated if I put warm water in instead of cold. Happy autumn!

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

Bitt: Are you using frozen fruit? I usually take it out from the freezer the night before and let it thaw in the fridge. Another thing you can do is take the fruit out from the fridge first thing and let it sit out at room temperature on the counter or the blender until you are ready to blend. Further, you can run the blender longer at high speed to warm it up.

The only other thing I can think of is the temperature of your home. The heat stopped working at my home this past week, and the water I keep in my stainless steel water bottles is noticeably colder. As a result, the smoothies have also been colder. Hope this helps! :)

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

I always have the other problem mine are to warm. and I have to leave them in the frig for awhile so they can cool off. not real good when you are in a hurry in the mornings

• dodododo Raw Newbie

blue eyes, you could just use frozen fruit or refridgerate your fruits the night before, maybe even the water too :)

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

You could try adding ginger. It goes well with apple based smoothies, and loads of others probably, but it gives a lovely warmth.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Ok, i used today 2 bananas (room temp), kale, and a few frozen berries. I think with more frozen fruit it tastes better but at least now I’m not frozen to death. thanks.

• Not sure if you add any water to your smoothie Bitt, but we’ve been keeping our filtered water at room temp rather than in the fridge and I find that keeps my body from shivering!

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Bitt~ I add cayenne pepper and/or fresh ginger to my green smoothies whenever I’m cold, which is often… LOL

In my nut pate` I add a fresh hot pepper, which can solve the shivers too… Sometimes too well… LOL