Water fast advice

CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

After eating loads of no-no foods while traveling recently (and suffering the bloated, spotty consequences) I have undertaken a water fast. I’m a novice with fasting. I’ve only done one 10-day Master Cleanse and one 1-day water fast. I’m now starting day 3 of a water fast. I had a bit of a headache and dizziness the first day, but since then I’ve been great – I even played tennis yesterday (unfortunatly I couldn’t back out of it). My question is, for greater health results, shouldn’t I carry on for 10 full days? Is three enough? I was initially just planning three days, but now that I see it isn’t as hard as I thought I’m contemplating continuing, especially if it means I’ll have greater healing as a result of more days. I’m under no medical supervision and have rather good health, but some digestive issues as well as fibroids and ovarian cysts.

Your thoughts? Any good links would be appreciated.

Comments

• Are the foods ‘easy’ to get hold of, are are they all things with ingrediants such as Maca and Lacuma… which I can’t get in the shops here :(

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Hi Carrie, didn’t recognize you cuz of the different pic ;-). I’ll send you an email. I’ve completed the 3 days. Day three I kind of pushed it by going out to lunch with my husband (I didn’t eat) and meeting a friend in town for a walk. I was really tired. Anyway, I’ve decided to end it here at 3-days since I’ve got to prepare boxes and work on an upcoming move. I need my energy and won’t be able to focus on the cleansing aspect. I’ll look into the Diva Detox Diet.

Thanks all for the supportive replies.

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

Carmentina, I’m not an expert, but i read somewhere that if you water fast for more than 3 days, you should have someone there with you or atleast have someone to check on you every once in a while… I think it’s great that you have your energy still and that you feel great! I say, if you feel good, keep going. Your body will probably tell you when it’s had enough. Are you going to do smoothies or juice afterwards? I had really good results with the 7 Day Diva Detox Diet – i was actually surprised that i did so well with it. I’m going to be doing that again starting Monday evening. If you want more info… just let me know. I think you might still have my email. Best of luck to you!

• Hi Carmentina,

I have done only one water fast for 3 days last summer. It was an amazing experience.

I was advise to do it up to one week without supervision. I was also recommend to stay at home and take it easy. However, I have read on internet that some people do it up to 2 weeks without supervision.

Maybe you can do 3 days now and then 1 week any other time.

It is also very important how you break the fast. After the 3 days or the 10 days, you can introduce veggie juices, then veggie soups and then fruit or salads.

Carrie6292, I would love more infor about the 7 Day Diva Detox Diet. I went into their web page but I believe I have to pay to get more info :-(

Good luck Carmentina!!

• the strawberry girl – the 7 Day Diva Detox Diet is FREE :-) I understand the confusion though, because they have other offers throughout the page, but go here and scroll down to the very bottom of the page.

There is a section that says: “Just SIGN UP NOW and get started for FREE Right Away!” They send you an email each day of the cleanse (which is actually about 12 days long because there are 5 prep days and then 7 detox diet days). Good luck!!

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

CARMENTINA – I have been thinking of starting a water fast tomorrow. I think I will try it for a few days ans see how it goes. I wish I could find a doctor to oversee my fast as I have several health concerns. Unfortunately, they have outlawed natural medicine in my state so I only have access to local conventional doctors, who seem to believe a brief water fast will either compromise your health or kill you.

• MsDerious – it’s all fruits, veggies, & green smoothies. No superfoods necessary!!

• ungratefulungrateful Raw Newbie

Carmenita, go here:

fasting connection

Lots of articles, forums, support, etc for water and juice fasting, mostly water fasting with a natural hygienist slant.

• ungratefulungrateful Raw Newbie

I need a tutorial. www.fastingconnection.com

Water fasting is wonderful, it gives your digestive system a chance to do some serious house cleaning.

• Thank you Kait :-)

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

strawberry girl – sorry i didn’t get back to you sooner… Kait is right, the 7 day is free. They send you emails everyday and prep you for the 7 day detox – it’s actually something like 13 days total – 5 prep days and then a 7 day detox. The prep days are just eating the way we eat – raw and natural. The 7 Day Diva Detox Diet is essentially eating (or drinking) fruits and veggies in their natural state – not adding anything (salt, oil, spices, etc…). It wasn’t hard at all except that i’m an admitted Saltaholic, so that part was hard for me! If i stick to the smoothies for the full 7 days, it’s not bad at all! If anyone would like more info or a copy of their emails, you can email me.