Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Intelligent Christians using common sense...

2»

Comments

• dodododo Raw Newbie

hey beany beegan long time no see :P the point was that altho many people via their faiths can give love, as you say “love through god”, we need to be free to give that love willingly without a religion telling us we have to. love given out of duty will never have the same heart reaching effects as love given willingly and freely. the people who are joining the dinosaur club come from many different walks of life, most non religous, some from different religions, differnt people with one goal, to make it better. this is not a religion, it is not a church, there is no god involved, no idol, there is no money involved, just pure goodwill and love to help the people, the creatures, the enviroment, the souls and hearts of every single part of this planet that we can. why do we need a god to do this, and there is no reason why any religion should feel threatened by this club, we arent trying to discredit or bring down the churches, we are just trying to mend stuff that has been broken and then make sure it stays like that.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

beegan here,,,,Well, I don’t know about the dinosaur dancing, I had my mind on “Christians using common sense.” To make this a complete thought tho. Christians voluntarily give their lives over to Jesus, the Son of God. So that is why we want to love. No forcing about it. I have been a Christian for 59 years and I have been involved in helping people, the environment, and endangered animals and plants. No need to see me dancing.lol It infuriates me to realize that man is the one who is destroying his own home, so many species have been killed off, ripped out. Never to be seen again. End of thought.

• dodododo Raw Newbie

beany i never meant to imply that any christian is anything other than loving and with the best intentions at heart. the dino dance is just a group of people who dont have any religious beliefs specifically, and even those who do are welcome, as long as everyone remembers the focus of the club, relgion is not to be brought into it as it is one of the main causes of a lot of the problems we are trying to solve.

anyone who wants to help heal this world and make a better world to live in is welcome to join, their motivation is THEIR personal love, their beliefs or things they do for god are a private part of their life that noone in the group needs to know about, we arent there to share or force our beliefs, we are there to love from our own open hearts and do all the good we can. most of the group are not religious in anyway and the name comes from the disbelief of many christians in the existance of dinosaurs (personal experience), that does not act to exclude anyone that brings their heart and help to the table, just remember this is not a church or religion and neither of those should be brought into the club, they are personal choices, no more ok

if you want to join beany you are more than welcome, everyone is, the more people in the club the quicker it grows and the more efficient we can be at providing verbal, emotional and physical support to our world and all its inhabitants

namaste beany x

I was hoping Gone raw was JUST about raw recipes and for a better lifestyle, but it isn’t, so I have taken the whole pie. eeeek I’m not on the dinosaur dancing am I? Sorry every one, it is almost 1 A.M. past a seniors sleep time.

• dodododo Raw Newbie

sweet dreams beany :)

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

Hey dodo, just wanted to say a little something on what you said at the top of this page. I’m sooooo sorry about your family. That is the most sad thing I’ve heard. I definitely see why you have some bitter feelings about ‘religion’. The way your family is acting is the opposite of what they are claiming to be. I don’t care for the term ‘religion’ or ‘Christianity’ because they are terms coined by humans and badly abused by those who use them for their own motives.

My family and my husbands family are all Christians and his brother who is not and wants nothing to do with Christianity is accepted with open arms and welcome at all times. We love him for the human he is and even if he hates our ‘religion’ that is his choice and no amount of shunning will change that. Of course we would be over joyed if he joined our faith but what in the world would compel him to if we all cut him out of our lives? We have no control over anyone’s life but our own and it’s a very liberating thing to be able to love someone no matter who they are or what they believe.

I just want to say that you’re an incredibly sensitive, sweet person and your goals to bring peace and love are beautiful. I respect them and you and am glad you’re here:)

• dodododo Raw Newbie

thank you tjb, im glad youre here too. im not bitter about religion, and i dont dislike or hate it or any member of any religion, i just aknowledge that religion has been a spring board for greed, murder, war, etc throughout the thousands of years, thats the part i dont like, but that part will always be involved all the time different religions are trying to convince the others that they are the one truth. the difference with the dino dance is that there is no right or wrong, no praise to be earned, no god to apease, no money to hoard, everyone regardless to their beliefs or past brings to the table the same thing, the desire to make a differnce, without anything else coming into it. we all have a little we can give and if we all add our little bits together we can make every difference in the world.

with dino dance all the religions leave their religious hat safely on the dresser and come together, everyones beliefs are still there but pointless to the goals of dino dance. there should be no colour, no religion, no retribution. we are all the same here, from the hypothetical baptist bank manager to the emo atheist teenager that has just seen the bigger world, there is only one person and we are it, you , me , everyone, equal in all ways and deserving of all that is good

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

Wow, DoDo. Sorry to hear about your fam. too. While my family is Christain I have LOTS of friends who are not, probably just was many who are, if not more.I think it’s more important to love than to get your beliefs across, but that itself is speaking louder than words. I agree with what trouble said though, I think she put it fairly well.

Thanks for the encouragement to smile at somebody too. Today hasn’t been too well so far and it’s only 9 a.m. It all hit the fan early this morning though, so I need to remember others today. Oh, and I never do the “God bless you” greeting. I myself get annoyed at that. I was actually handed a tract the other day too, that also was annoying, on top of that they just handed it to me and didn’t even say hi.I definitely believe in being relational. Anyway :) – Have a great day.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

haha Caleb, I can’t stand the whole idea of tracts and street corner evangelism. Especially if their behavior is not setting a good example.

I feel ya on the bad day too. Trying to stay optimistic though. ha.

• dodododo Raw Newbie

sounds like youre having a pants day caleb, i hope it gets better and better until you go to bed smiling tonight :)

tjb Christian means “Christ like”

Caleb remember, trouble is just a bubble.lol