i need your ideas for a project!

Hi Everyone! I am currently enrolled in a public speaking class, and on Thursday we have to give a 5 minute speech on how to do or how to make something, with emphasis on the benefits of what we are teaching provides. I want to do something about raw food, since I can emphasize that it’s superior health wise, more environmentally sustainable, and you can save on your electric bill! I just need some ideas on what to teach/show people cuz I am in a rut! Please let me know if you have any ideas!

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Demo your favorite green smoothie or recipe… Make your favorite desert, cut it into bite sizes and pass it around, while telling the how to’s or show them the how to’s. You can explain the benefits, while they are tasting to goodness…

Good luck with your project, sounds like fun!!!

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

if you want to emphasize the environmental advantages i’d make something manually. you can make a really great slaw using a mandoline or box grater: grate carrots, zucchini, cabbage, onions, whatever… make a delicious vinaigrette by mincing garlic with olive oil, lemon, sea salt and pepper. toss it all together and let marinate. (i’d bring in one that’s already been marinated)

zuccchi pasta with diced tomatoes, tossed with a little sea salt and pepper is also super easy. raw food has a lot of eye appeal, so you can do a lot with not many ingredients. bring in some kale leaves to plate everything.

hope that sparks some creative juices. =)

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

oh! here’s another idea:

do a comparison of nutrient densities, say, between an apple and a bagel… or a salad and a bowl of pasta.

you can get the info on nutridiary or the one all the 8.1.1. people use. can’t remember the name…

• Thanks you guys! I think making zucchini pasta might me a good idea, everyone is amazed by that one! I was also thinking about making some nori rolls that look pretty when cut in half or something. I am just worried that my topic won’t be as interesting to everyone else as it is to me, and we get graded on how entertaining we are to the audience. Geeze, so much pressure! I definitely think its a good idea to pass some food out, but I will just have to make sure I don’t kill anyone with food allergies or something! Thanks you both SO much for your suggestions!

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

Iheart veggie, yu are feeding them right? then thats points towards a good grade right there, you can demo in a hot outfit too…. grin! might i ad give out something chocolate as well…maybe peommoms brownies? good luck