Help needed with menu plan for new to raw athlete

Greetings Folks,

Looking for some help with a menu plan that will help me get started. I’ve been a strict vegetarian for over 15 years and am a serious mountain biker. I’ve been doing roughly 55-85% raw for about 7 days and noticed that on a long bike ride over the weekend I felt really sluggish and had a difficult time keeping up on the climbs, I live in the mountains and they are steep!!

Since hitting my late 30’s I noticed that I’ve slowly been putting on more weight than I’m happy with, and now about 15 pounds over my ideal cycling weight.

I work at home so I have plenty of time to prepare foods, but am still pretty busy so I don’t want to spend hours each day doing it.

I’m guessing that some fruit for breakfast, a salad and something else for lunch, and maybe part of my dinner cooked might be a good start.

Any tips would be appreciated!!

thanks,

Brown.Recluse

Comments

• Hey there. I’m an athlete too and train in the mornings from 7-12 sometimes with a small break in between. I usually start my day with an a piece of fruit because it’s quick in the morning. Then if I am hungry during or in between workouts I try to keep lara bars (or any raw bar) with me, as well as more fruit. After workouts I always get in a giant green smoothie and it instantly reenergizes me and gets me ready for the day. Salad or whatever for lunch is good, and if you feel good about eating cooked foods for dinner then that sounds great!

• steviostevio Raw Newbie

I am not an athlete, but I long to return to my glory days as a skier, and will get there with the help of my high raw lifestyle.

My best suggestion for fast easy and nutritious is the green smoothie. If you have a blender (especially a good one), a green smoothie takes about 2 minutes to make, and 2 minutes to clean up after. And the nutrients are so available to you you feel it immediately.

My daily routine is a green smoothie for breakfast (as big one, 40-64oz) another one of the same size for lunch, and then a salad or some fresh fruits and veggies for dinner (I find a greater need for chewing some food by that time of day). During the day, if I need some more calorically dense foods than the smoothies, I will have a handful of seeds. I just bought me some hemp seeds today, and tomorrow plan to start adding them to the smoothies. These seem like a healthier option than the sunflower and pumpkin seeds I am eating right now (at least in terms of omega-3s).

• Thanks for the tips!!

Haven’t tried the green smoothies yet, I’ll try one today. What are your favorite recipes?

thanks…

• steviostevio Raw Newbie

My favorites are: kale, banana, mango, kiwi spinach, banana, blueberry romaine, plum, apple

start about 60% fruit, and move towards 60% greens as it becomes more palatable.

• I thought Chris Jongeward won that.