acne

Hello raw lovers, i have been on raw food 1 month already.I started eating raw because of my acne but I’m not going back after i get cured. Can someone tell me if raw food lifestyle will cure my problem. Since a started i have been doing good and just yesterday started to braking again. HELP!!!

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Of all the detoxing I have done in the past 13 months of beening 95% raw, my face still gets a bubble here or there… Then I think, ok now I’m over it and the next day I will have another erruption… You didn’t give your age, I’m 61 but my skin thinks I’m a teenager… So hang in there, be as clean/pure as possible and in due time your skin will be healed…

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

My skin got amazing during any of the master cleanses and fasts I’ve done. That might be a bit extreme for you, but it gives immediate results. Unfortunately they don’t last long after though if you don’t follow it up with a careful diet.

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

I suffered terribly from acne for 7 years.

Before I went raw I went wholefood. I stopped eating processed, refined and junk foods and started eating wholefoods only. I also introduced nuts and seeds into my diet at this time. My skin took a couple of months to clear up but it did clear up.

After 6 months of eating that way I switched to raw.

That was all 2 years ago. I had tried so many creams, lotions, toners and spent a huge amount of money on them. Nothing worked except stopping eating crap.

My skin is now lovely and clear. No red patches. I only ever get a spot if I eat something that I shouldn’t.

• I suffered with bad acne for most of my life starting around 12 (go figure) and I am now 31. I have tried every lotion, potion, prescription and suggestion. I started much the same way cheerydeb did with wholefoods and have been eating more and more raw. Now around 70% with a green smoothie everyday and low and behold….my skin is looking wonderful! My husband commented on how clear my back is now (yes, my back, the bane of my exsistance). I still get spots now and then, stress of bad food choices, but raw has been working wonders for my complexion!

• dzdz

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR REPLY!!! I’M 27. AND YES I TRIED EVERY REMEDY AND I DID A 5 DAY WATER FAST.I DONT MIND THE FAST EXCEPT THAT I LOSE WEIGHT AND I DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT.SO… KEEP IT RAW IS THE ANSWER!

• OceanBlissOceanBliss Raw Newbie

You can make this baking soda paste. Use the brand Arm & Hammer (which is the purest) add a tablespoon into a little cup and slowly add dribbles of water until it’s a powdery thick paste (not too watery) and apply it to the effected areas. Let it dry and go to bed. You might turn red and irritated at first but your skin will get used to it. Works wonders for my cousin who used to get acne a lot, this seems to really prevent it and dry up those suckers!

Eat lots of cucumber (extremely essential for the skin) I use it in my green smoothies a lot, or put a slice in your water. It always makes my skin look fresh and bright after a couple days. Watermelon is wonderful, carrots are great but not too many, load up on apples and grapes. And of course basic greens such as spinach and kale.

If you want to improve your digestion which can help acne tremendously, use this little recipe I learned in med school:

1 tablespoon black pepper, 1 tablespoon ginger powder, Enough raw honey to make it a paste

Take 1/2 teaspoon everyday before each meal (you don’t have to take it before everything you eat, just your main daily meals)

A little yoga everyday would be great at balancing your hormones, if you have time in your day to squeeze it in. Also bouncing on the trampoline will drain your lymph system which also helps acne.

Use only organic products on your face and body. If you wear makeup, try to use mineral makeup. It will actually help heal your skin but do not buy the brand Bare Essentials or any TV brands. Get Southern Magnolia Minerals which is 100% pure..they have a website.

Hope any of this helps and good luck!

• Ocean Bliss- amazing advice! I have recently been prescribed Jan Marini acne products for my chin breakouts and I have started to use Susan Posnick mineral make up instead of the horrible pore-clogging Clarins creams and MAC make up I was smearing all over my pores before. This along with the positive changes in my diet and Bikram Yoga have made significant changes to my skin. I made all these changes about 2 months ago- I’m not 100% clear yet but I notice changes every day!

• dzdz

:)) Thank you for the replay it is very helpful. But I will skip the make-up…may be next life i will be a woman.Thanks once again!

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

d&z stick with the good food. The changes won’t happen over night but they will happen.

• dzdz

thank you cheerydeb!I will!