San Diego ---

So, I’m headed to San Diego for a week to see my sweetie, and I have a few questions.

Any good local organic farms that are relatively close by? Any good organic market places or farmers markets? I prefer not to go to big chain stores, sometimes you have to in order to survive :) So I was wondering if there were any spots that I could hit up to gather some really good fruits?

Thanks everyone

Live, Love Peace

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

TOL~ What general area in San Diego are you going to be? Also, search in the Forum tab for San Diego. There are many good suggestions in previous threads about San Diego.

• randommararandommara Raw Newbie

There’s one nice, organic stand usually at the La Mesa farmer’s market. Also a guy who claims to have unheated olives and a raw honey stand.

• Blue- I’m honostly not sure, I’d have to ask my girlfriend. She lives on campus at SDSC. I have IE I don’t think I can search in the forum tab, I guess i can manualy do it. Thanks for the tip.

Random – only one organic stand at the market :( What sort’ve produce do they sell?

Thanks you two for the help!

TOL~ Knowing that your girlfriend lives on campus at SDSU (I presume that is the correct college. I’m not familiar with an SDSC) narrows down suggestions. San Diego is a large area, so narrowing the areas is helpful so we don’t suggest a place that might take you more than 30 minutes to get to…).. or you might want to take a “hike” if you are looking for “adventure.”

Here are some links:

These should give you a good idea of what’s available. Welcome (in advance) to San Diego. :)

• Try the People’s Foodstore (Co-op) in Ocean Beach. I think it’s on Voltaire zip code 92107 Also, Farmer’s Markets all over, Hillcrest DMV parking lot, Solana Beach (north county) on Cedros. Design District on Sunday’s, Del Mar on Saturdays.

• debbietookdebbietook Raw Master

Hi Treeoflife

I went to San Diego when holidaying in the States a few weeks ago. The farmers market at Hillcrest is a WONDERFUL PLACE! Great for fruit (lots of vendors coming round with trays of freebies) and there’s even a raw food stall there selling pizza, cakes etc. Coming from the UK it was quite a revelation.

debbietook~ What brought you to San Diego? What else did you do while in San Diego? How long were you here?

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I was in San Diego for a few days – I didn’t get to go to any raw places but I know there are a few good ones. I loved the two zoos there – as an ex-zookeeper I was very impressed. The public transportation was almost non-existant but it seemed like a cool city from what I got to see. The downtown seems a bit empty.

I just applied for a job in San Diego that I REALLY want – I so would love to get this job so I could move down there. (everyone cross there fingers for me!)

Give us reviews if you go to any good places! ;)

• hannahmariehannahmarie Raw Newbie

i was going to say hillcrest farmers market.\

also, there is a place that sells some raw stuff in pacific beach. i can’t remember the name. synergy, perhaps?

• Thanks everyone for the helpful tips! I’m definately going to have to check out the farmers markets recommended. And thanks hannah, for the raw gourmet restaraunt. I believe it is called synergy, my girlfriend was telling me about it.