Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Trials and Tribulations

zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

How do you all do it? I mean… for two days I am doing great, energy levels building. Then I crash and get starving hungry. I used to break off of raw but not anymore. Or I eat avocados and nuts and get constipated and feel sick for 2 days. Or it’s the dried fruit (figs!).

I’ll literally eat until I can’t eat anymore and then feel sick with low energy levels for a day.

How do you do it? I have huge 2 500calorie+ smoothies a day plus big salads. I don’t combine foods and I eat very low fat.

Something in me just gets the craving and then I do something that messes up my system for a day or two.

Please let me know how to curb the cravings and stop the binges! Thanks!

Comments

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Eat more fruit! It’s better then nut-binging and getting constipated…I’ve been there…the only thing that stopped me from binging on nuts is eating tons of fruit. My bowel movements are powerfully awesome now. :-)

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

powerfully awesome you say? I just ordered the 811 book. Can’t wait to dig into that (just like a spoon into melon, yaherrd?).

• Young thai coconut water first thing in the morning. Excellent for cleanse and the most natural energy drink with all the elcetrolytes and lauric acid. Can be a little intimidating to open at first but check out youtube videos on how to open the coconut and then stick a straw and enjoy and it’s low fat too!

• RawsikiRawsiki Raw Newbie

I’m having issues with raw too. It’s weird though. Every time I get fed up and start eating cooked food, I just come back to raw…I forget the problems and look forward to it. Then, like a day or two in, I remember why I left in the first place.

Spending too much money

Constantly thinking about food & recipes

Always being hungry

Eating way too much fat

And, MOTH, I know that eating more fruit would help, but for those of us who have a meager salary, we can’t buy a ton of fruit. I tried it, and ended up spending a lot of money, while still running out of fruit fast and still going hungry.

So, does anyone have a solution to this? I’m a college student and I am busy, so recipe making is difficult, but it seems like the only easy way to get a lot of calories.

• Sprouts and soaked grains are pretty cheap. Soaked buckwheat is incredible, but soaked oats are good too and cheaper. I put almond milk, raisins, and pumpkin seeds on top. Bananas are cheap, and apples will be soon. Eating tons of greens in smoothies(at least 1 bunch a day) really heps curb hunger. Around here collards are $2/bunch now. It may seem expensive but its worth it. If you have a dehydrator you can make bread out of spelt and sunflower seeds and flax. Because you only need 1 piece a day to get full, its actually pretty cheap. After the smoothies, grains, and bread, I only need a salad and a couple pieces of fruit a day. I think this is much cheaper than my previous diet of organic eggs and dairy and tofu and all that.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Rawsiki, everytime I see your beautiful avatar I drool. I’ve searched GoneRaw and even Googled “rawsagna” hoping to find the recipe, without success. Could you share the recipe for this absolutely lovely rawsagna?

Sorry. I know this is off topic, but I just had to ask.

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

Hey emtpdmom, here is a link for a recipe for Zucchini Tomato Rawsagna by Sarma Melngailis. http://moofmuffin.livejournal.com/4624.html It looks pretty good.

• I notice sprouts seem to fill me up..

*eat as much fruit as you want! don’t worry about too much fruit.. half a cantelope seems to really feel me up. *definitely combine foods, its essential to getting all your amino acids going at the same time.