Carpal Tunnel?

DreaDrea Raw Master

Is anyone going through this…..? In the morning when I wake up my hands are numb and tingling almost like no blood is going to them. This only happens in the morning, I’m not feeling any pain. Once I wake up and feel my hands like this, I move them around and it disapears.

I’ve done some research and it’s said to be Carpal Tunnel syndrome. The natural cure for this is said to be the b vitamin series, mainly b6,b12,b2 and folic acid.

Has anyone had any experience with this? If so, what works for you?

Comments

• Have you actually been diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel? If not, it could just be poor circulation. I’ve read a lot of people complaining of cold & tingly hands and feet. Have you ever tried dry brushing? It helps blood flow. Also, do some research on hydrotherapy – I’ve heard that it helps with circulation and helps raw foodists tolerate cold temperatures.

• I found this link – I know it’s a diabetes forum, but it discusses the difference between Carpel Tunnel and poor circulation:

Carpel Tunnel/or poor circulation?

• DreaDrea Raw Master

Thank you KAIT! I assumed that it was carpal tunnel because it only happen in the mornings.

• DreaDrea Raw Master

I’ve had my sugar checked and it’s normal. I’m thinking I need to up my b vitamins?

• beanbean Raw Newbie

actually, that used to happen to me quite a lot- it still does every once in a while. I wake up and it’s like my hands have gone and died on me. I do have fairly poor circulation, I think, but I don’t see the hands thing as much of a problem. Generally it only happens every so often, but it goes away, like you said, as soon as I move my hands around. I don’t think I have any major health issues, and it’s been happening since I was little (and pre-raw).

• DreaDrea Raw Master

Really bean? Have you ever tried any supplements, exercises, techniques etc. that calmed it down or helped it?

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

You might want to try some wake-up/sunrise yoga or T’ai Chi to get the blood circulating better. You should also look into acupuncture or shiatsu, in case something is preventing the blood flow from getting to your fingers. Is it possible that you’re simply sleeping in a position that is cutting off the circulation to your fingers? I think this is something worthy of a general checkup at the doctor, just to rule out major organ issues. When I was an active bulimic, I frequently woke up feeling the same way. It was the worst when my electrolytes were severely out of whack. Once I became properly hydrated and restored my electrolytes by eating healthily, the problem disappeared. My circulation still isn’t fantastic. I frequently have cold fingers, toes and nose, but they don’t freeze or cramp up anymore. Look into it. It could be something really simple, or a sign of something more serious. Better to be on the safe side. :-)