cashews :(

Is anyone else realllly sensitive to cashews?? Whenever I eat them, I feel like crap. I understand that nuts should be consumed in moderation but any amount of cashews bothers me. I think I am going to try to avoid nuts all together or limit them to once a week. Does anyone else feel that way?

Comments

• blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

hey Little One

I’m the same with cashews-they’re too oily or heavy or something….I do eat soaked almonds. a couple handfuls per week. might be fun to try without for a bit.

• HI I like cashews but have heard that they aren’t kosher for strict raw vegans because they are on a poisonous tree or something. I also found out that they have 600x the daily allowance of copper so to be careful because you can get too much copper accumulating from certain nuts. It’s worse for guys because they don’t bleend monthly(I hope).

Speaking of poisons did you know avocados pits and skins are poisonous to dogs and birds!

• Yeah, cashews make me really sick. Whenever I eat them I get weird scratchy throat/runny nose symptoms; like I would get back when I ate dairy. I definitely stay away from cashews, because the taste is not at all worth how they makes me feel.