Need nut soaking guidelines??

QTLaylaQTLayla Raw Newbie

Anyone have a good source for the times for soaking various nuts & seeds as “soaks”.

From what I have read there is such a thing as over-soaking them which makes them waterlogged and not as digestable… whereas the right amount of soaking time will make them more nutritious, provide more live enzymes, make them more digestable, etc.

Anyone know an expert site for this?

I have found some info on Sproutpeople.com… but they only have info for a few nuts/seeds.

Appreciating Any Info on This from Reliable Sources! :D

QT

Comments

• QTLaylaQTLayla Raw Newbie

Anyone out there have info on this???

Need info… HELP!!!

• almonds should be soaked for 8hrs pumpkin seeds sunflower seeds 4-6hrs mac nuts a few hrs brazil nuts and hazelnuts don’t have digestive inhibitors don’t have to be soaked not not a bad idea to soak anyway..walnuts and pecans for a 8hrs hrs also….

Hi chefraw16 It seems every recipe book has diffent times. According to SproutPeople.com almonds 4 to 12 hours, sunflower seeds only 1 to 2 hours and pumpkin seeds only 1 to 4 hours.

I wish there was more info somewhere in the raw communities for more solid guidelines on this.

So I am very interested in your source for this info.

Thanks in Advance!

QT

• Branwyn32Branwyn32 Raw Newbie

http://www.sproutpeople.com/seeds.html

The site has detailed instructions for sprouting all manner of seeds, grains, and nuts, including soak times, sprout times, etc. It’s awesome!

Hi Branwyn32

I referenced this site which I think is awesome… but they do not mention walnut or pecan “soaks”and their times for “soaks” are different from what I am seeing in recipes and in the raw books I have… so my questions are:

Do you consider this source as the highest authority on this subject?

And are there any other sites?

Thanks a Million to All Here!!

QTwho appreciates all who respond