How do You use GoneRaw?

chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

I thought it would be good to have a place to post tips for each other on how we all use this wonderful resource GoneRaw.

Comments

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

My two tips…

1. Look around my (fully stocked) kitchen and pick out one or two ingredients that i am drawn to. Type these ingredients into the search box on the home screen. Look at all the recipes and either make one of them or use the different ideas to inspire something new. make it and eat it right then. yum, yum. Living in the moment!!!

2. I am careful to not pay to much attention to the comments posted below recipes unless the person has actually tried the recipe. Many of the comments are from the few days when the recipe was on the front page and everyone was first reading it. I look for recipes that have discussion below them from a few people who have tried the recipe. When these comments are good, I’ve never been disappointed by the recipe.

• JosiegirlJosiegirl Raw Newbie

I agree. I’d rather see comments from people who have tried the recipe, especially when they volunteer tips or substitutions that have worked. Very helpful!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I use it to ask my questions or find information by searching other posts.

I rarely use it for recipes. If a picture catches my eye, I’d put it in my “box” to try later. Otherwise, there are too many recipes to go through that the search tool is too simple to search multiple words… like search “lime mint cucumber” and get results for all recipes that have all these ingredients. That would be great. However, Google might catch a couple if I google “goneraw lime mint cucumber”. But, I know it won’t catch all.

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

the search tool only looks at the title and the short description of the recipes. It does not search the ingredients of each recipe. That would be great, then you could search multiples. If everyone includes a quick ingredient list in their basic description, their recipes will show up in the search for those ingredients.

example: http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/4566-Sweet-Chili…

This recipe shows up under any search for mango pepper chili dates or garlic

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Oh wow, I see how that works. Excellent! I’m going to guess you figured that out on your own… I’m impressed!

You are right… if only everyone would include an ingredient list in their description. The search would work better… (almost perfect).

Mmmm, and now that I’ve seen that recipe, I’m going to have to try it. Yummmm. Looks nice and chunky!

• RubyLaineRubyLaine Raw Newbie

I just love to read the forums and search past threads. I have learned so much in the last month about raw food and everything else that goes with it. I knew (basics) of eating raw but this web site has inspired me so much. I learn from these forums every day. This web site is so informational, informal, and “controversial”. I like to hear all sides of a controversy. It’s how I learn. Thanks GoneRaw for helping me along my journey!! Not to mention, it’s a very loving community!! Elaine

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

I like to use the View recent posts link on the Forums tab (just above the Search field). It is a bit funky at first since the posts are from most recent and then lists the second most recent, etc. One can also scroll back to the last post one read and read the posts in the order they were posted. Also the different Forum sections are all mixed up which I find interesting. If I get confused I simply click on the thread link and read the posts in the order they were posted. Sometimes it’s like playing Jeopardy… you get the answer first and then find out what the question was.