Spirulina Powder

I was wondering for those of you who take Spirulina, how much you take a day?

Comments

• I usually take a tbsp. in my morning smoothies. Turns it a cool green color!

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

Does anyone notice any effects, both short term and long term? I just bought a bottle of very expensive Hawaiian spirulina. I haven’t tried it yet. Does it have a strong flavour? Will I have to mask it with other flavours?

• ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

I have Chinese Spirulina and it has a very strong taste, I had 1tbsp along with a banana, 2 dates,a pear and a tbsp of Maca powder and the Spirulina was still dominant and didn’t like its flavor so next time ill either divide it in 2 smoothies or put more dates or something, kinda reminded me of the taste that spinach has in a smoothie. and as to effect, took it for the first time today and didn’t feel any short term effects.

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

Ras-saadon, maybe you should use a teaspoon or half a tablespoon next time and see if it tastes any less overpowering. Just a thought.

Thanks lulushka8! You’ve reaffirmed my decision to splurge on the higher quality spirulina. There were 3 offered on the website, but this one sounded so appealing. I’m not a huge seaweed fan, beyond nori and the odd bit of kombu. I own tons of it because my boyfriend loves it. I wish I liked it more. I’m hoping that I will like the Spirulina. I’ll try it first in a smoothie with lots of fruit and mild greens, such as baby spinach.

• dzdz

powder spirulina is not raw.Try to get the actual alive spirulina.Some health food stores have it frozen.ask for it.Powder one has been processed.Think about it.

• dzdz

Some guy told me thay use something to make it powder.Fresh is always the best! Right?!