Hemp Seed Butter?

We purchased some hemp seed butter and we don’t know what to do with it.

It is set to expire in a few days.

Do you have any ideas?

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I’ve seen that hemp seeds so great in chocolate! Try blending some cacao butter and agave (and some cacao powder if you want, or mix in some cacao nibs) and freeze it in squares or cubes. It comes out like fudge truffle squares! Nice.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Hemp seed oil goes rancid very quickly. Almost all of the really raw nut butters taste rancid to me so I don’t eat them. I think they stay on the shelf a long time. I don’t know anyone who enjoys them. Anyone?

lzhpt, you should buy the sprouted almond butter from Real Raw Food (if you don’t mind that 100$ minimum) and store it refrigerated. It comes out somewhat dry and crumbly because it is truly sprouted and no oils. You should store it refrigerated. It is really delicious and keeps in the fridge for a long time. It is the best in my opinion because it is made fresh at the farm with truly raw almonds. It is so good when you salt it with some Himalayan salt.

Also I’ve tried Rejuvenative Nut Butters which come in the fridge section of some health stores and it was really tasty and fresh but really really heavy, non-soaked, and loaded with oil. It’s a tradeoff.

Also wanted to mention you should try grinding a frozen (or fresh) banana with almond milk 3 heaping tablespoons of the hemp butter, maybe a date or dash of agave or maple if it’s not sweet enough. But bananas are very sweet.

Have you thought about refrigerating the butter to mae it last longer? Usually I refrigerate those kinds of things, unless you purchased it refrigerated and have been keeping it chilled.

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

Borrowing from RawKidChef’s recipe ideas, why not stuff some pitted dates with it? Or, spread it on a raw bread or cracker and top with fresh fruits. Assuming the stuff still tastes fresh, you could also blend a tablespoon or two with water and the sweetener of your choice for a quick hemp seed milk. Get through it, pronto or it will start tasting terrible very soon. In the future, I’d suggest just getting the seeds (unhulled last longer) and making your own butter. I wonder if sprouted hemp seed butter would be good?

• This is great. I would have never come up with this.

It is refridgerated, but I dont want to waste it.

Love the milk idea. I have been using hemp seed- duh just use the butter.

• I just dribbled some of the hemp seed butter into a date- yummy!!!

Sweet treat!!

so simple, so good!

Also wanted to mention if you add 3 caps probiotic powder (like acidophilous) and stir that in the butter, close it up, and let it sit in the fridge for a few weeks, it will turn into cheese! Queenfluff said she left tahini in the fridge for a month and it turned to cheese. I am trying that with my almond butter.

• suekosueko Raw Superstar

Anyone know how to make hemp seed butter from the seeds? I have a bunch in the fridge but I can't afford the butter right now.