Mustard.....RAW??

I love mustard and recently found an all organic ingrediant kind. It contains distilled white vinegar from corn, mustard seed, turmeric, paprika, cloves, and sea salt. What do you think?? All ingrediants are organic.

Comments

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

Not raw. Sorry. Distilled vinegar is not raw. Why don’t you get yourself some raw apple cider vinegar, mustard seed, turmeric, paprika, cloves and Himalayan or Celtic salt and try to make your own? You’ll probably like the taste even more! Go easy on everything, then taste and add until it’s right. There are raw mustard recipes out there, but I think winging it might be a fun experiment. Good luck!

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

My little tummy can’t handle mustard :( So sad. I love spicy food, but I can’t eat it! Along with garlic, onions, nuts, seeds and avocado. I’m just too sensitive! I’ll dream about it though.

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

In the last few months, the more I’ve really been aware of what is out there(and buying things even local ‘organic’) I am not as impressed with the organic label as I used to be. Sure it means all the ‘cides’ haven’t been added but otherwise it doesn’t always mean nutritional quality.

So is that better than most mustards, yes…but as 1sweetpea suggested I would buy your own seed and play around making your own. I just bought some and will be experimenting with different flavors this weekend.

• well then that explains why tonight I was having crazy strong cooked cravings. I had a tiny bit of mustard at lunch… well that’s going in the trash! Thanks guys!