Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Suggestions to Improve Gone Raw

MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I am not sure where to put this. I thought you guys already had a link for it but I could not locate it.

After the last upgrade, whenever you edit a post you are now returned to the first page in that thread rather than the page on which your post appears. This is annoying and I hope you guys will consider changing it.

Otherwise, Thanks for all your hard work.

Comments

• ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

I cannot find here personal messages, i just might be blind but if indeed there is no such option you should really make one.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Thanks for the suggestions. Right now, we are finishing up a major overhaul of the system. I’d be interested to hear your feedback once we get this rolling!

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

kandace, will we be able to uplaod new profile pics now? Thanks!

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Several times I have wanted to look for a post with keywords that would return a mountain of posts; however, I know the posting member or don’t know the member but remember their name begins with “L.”

Of course, you go hunting around the threads to find that member so you can click on their profile and locate it through their more recent posts. The problem is, when you are looking for any post by the member you absolutely can not find one. GRRR.

If we could have an alphabetical index atop the member pages that would be great because in either scenario herein you could find them quickly.

Thank you :)

• I agree with ras-saadon, private messaging would be a really great feature to have. I also agree with meditating, it would be nice to find members more easily through an alphabetical list. I requested a while ago for the favourite recipes to be changed more often, and now they are changing weekly it seems! Thanks for that. I really appreciate all the hard work Kandace and Ray put into this site to make it the best raw community online.

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

Kandace I was not sure if anyone else had had this problem but sometimes when I first click on a recipe it says remove from recip box when it is not even in there and then I cant get it in the box. No biggie I just wanted to make sure someone had mentioned it,

Peace and thanks for this site I love it

• schmoopeeschmoopee Raw Newbie

I wish that when you searched for a recipe that after you looked at it you could hit the back key and have your search results still there. Even better would be if the results stayed in the right column and you can view any of them in the left frame so you don’t even have to go back.

Love the site! It’s been a huge help.

• Oh, we do hear you. There’s lots of problems and tons of room for improvement. It’s coming.

Nothing is for certain, but we’re shooting for this weekend. We’ve basically got a whole new version of the site written and ready to go. There will be lots of kinks. Everyone will have to reset their password once. We expect some little issues here and there.

But it’s going to be nice, and we think, worth it. The site will be faster. It will have lots of features, many of which have already been requested. And it will be much easier for us to add more.

We’re excited about this. Stay tuned!

• I think it would be SUPER AWESOME! if the little icons that represent the equipment a recipe requires (dehydrator, blender etc) would show up in the list of recipes or on search results so one could just not bother looking at recipes that require equipment they don’t have :)

This site is a blessing! Thank you to everyone who makes it happen.

• Good point kosmoxaos! I don’t have a dehydrator so I definitely agree with you. Oh and glad to hear the site will be faster, it has been super slow lately. Thanks Ray, really looking forward to these updates!!

• When I recipe is rated, it would be nice to know how many votes it has to make it that reading. Big difference between a 5 star recipe that only has one vote that its own maker gave it, and a recipe that has 5 stars with 8 votes.

The plethora of recipes here is wonderful. Thank you.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Don’t know what it will look like after Kandace and Ray roll out the new code, but for now the link for sorting recipes based on equipment is way down in the bottom right hand corner of the Recipes section. I had been using this site for about 8 months before I noticed it.

Kandace and Ray, thank you so much for your dedication to the raw community. I’d be lost without this site . . . would probably never have even considered raw.

I am so grateful Ray. This is like a present. I can’t wait for this weekend. :)

• Okay, so I just 2 seconds ago started a post about having a search function for the forums. So I will double post my idea right now:

I was just wondering why there is no search function on the forums? I always have questions I want to research (today’s is can I juice pineapples and cantaloupes with their rinds on?) but get frustrated (or distracted!) looking through the million forums.

I know goneraw can technically do it since there is a search function on the recipes, so is there some other reason? If not I vote to add one. :)

There is a search function for the forums, but if you’re using Internet Explorer you can’t see it until the updates are finished. It works with Safari and Firefox though. It’s on the right side of the age around the Sponsor section when you click Forums, but for some reason it’s not being compatible with IE.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

As an alternative, you could do a Google search and include Gone Raw in your search terms. This works reasonably well when searching for multiple terms.