Raw Gum?

When I wasn’t raw, I was obsessed with chewing gum. Is there a raw substitute?

Comments

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

You should look into mastic http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastic_gum. I tried it in Turkey. In some countries, mastic is mixed with mint and a sweetener to make fresh gum. The Wikipedia article says it’s sun-dried, so it should, in theory, be raw. If you have access to a middle eastern grocer, ask about it. Who knows, you might be able to produce your own completely raw gum?

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Juicy Fruit gum is made with the outer part of the jackfruit. If you have access to this fruit it would be interesting, but it’s pretty exotic unless your in California or Hawaii.

A better bet would be this Raw Spruce Gum:

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Real-Food/1981-0…

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

I used to obsessively chew gum before I was raw but it was mostly because I was constantly worried about my breath and that my teeth would get yellow. Well with raw I never have bad breath and I oil pull so my teeth are whiter than ever!

• Yes there is a substitute to gum. It’s called oranges. lol. Have you ever tried chewing those things untill there was nothing left? It doesn’t happen. The membrane (which is the part that you can chew and chew and chew) is also acid forming in our body. When I eat oranges, I peel em, quarter them by the slices, and pop em in my mouth. I chew, and I chew and I chew, then I spit out and move on to the next quarter. I get a jaw excercise, and all of the nutrition that I would need from them. I don’t know if this helps, maybe you were looking for something minty but it definately works for me. lol

• All gum on earth should be replaced with wheatgrass!!!!!!!!!! I was chewing some the other day for a tooth ache, and the thought hit me – I’ve found the best gum on the planet. You can chew it for hours.

Or how about chewing wheatgrass, with a leaf of mint and stevia? Or chocolate mint leaf, or lemon balm. Chew chew chew