Sprouted quinoa recipe

Has anyone made a recipe with sprouted quinoa? I have some that has sprouted for 24 hours but I’m not sure what to do with it. Maybe a cookie, a falafel, a salad dressing- I don’t know. It is very tiny so I’m worried it won’t stick together in what I make. Thanks. =)

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

The only things not raw about this “Layered Lebanese Salad” is the bulgar wheat. I’m sure the sprouted quinoa would make a great substitute. Oh yeah, and forget the broth, that was just for marinating the bulgur wheat. And of course, use first cold pressed olive oil. I’ve had this before… YUMM!

The link wouldn’t work… so you have to google it “Layered Lebanese Salad” and select it from the myrecipes.com site. Sorry, this is not one on Gone Raw, but maybe you can add something like it using the sprouted quinoa.

There’s also the Quinoa Tabouleh here on Gone Raw.

• Thanks germin8 – I’ll look into it! =) =) =)

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

We love sprouted Quinoa because it’s such a great source of protein and sprouts so fast! My brother just adds olive oil and sea salt with a dash of black pepper. I normally throw it into any fresh vegetable mixture (like tomatoes, peppers, really any vegetables) topped with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt or herbamere. Juliano has something similar in his uncookbook. On this website there was a recipe for a little dessert you can try called Curry Chews: http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/138-Curry-Chews

• Thanks raw mama. I am going to have to try that one. I ended up adding some to “meatballs” which turned out great and to some kale crackers which didn’t turn out that great but tasted good. I’m going to sprout some more and try in a real recipe this time(like yours and germin8’s..

• Last week I used leftover sundried tomato marinara maybe 2-3 tbsp, a dash af flax seed oil, some finely chopped kale, and some fine minced carrot. It made a beautiful salad, and my husband, newly raw for only 2 weeks and very picky, loved it.