Freezing Bananas

Ok, so this is a stupid question, but how do I freeze bananas?

Do I peel them first? Chop them up to make eventual blending easier, wrap them in plastic, dip them in acidulated water to prevent discolouration?

Help!

Comments

• Rob07 – I am no expert, but I have tried with an without the peel! MUCH easier without the peel. I take the peel off when they are ripe and break them up into pieces and wrapped em up! I love eating them plain frozen,... it’s like a little treat:-)

• you definately want to peel them first. I did it once without removing the peel and what a mess i made!! Like rfoodie said – i too break them up into pieces first. Then i toss ‘em in a bowl and set them in the freezer. Blendthe frozen pieces with a little nut milk and vanilla and you have a great milkshake!

• Also – yesterday I took a bag of spinach with a frozen banana and some almond milk…What a great smoothie:-)

• peel them and then put them all on a plate in the freezer so they’re not touching each other. Once they are frozen they won’t stick together too much and you can recombine them in a different container or bag.

• You can preslice bananas too before freezing. It is much easier on your blender if your using for smoothies. I think for the best texture they should freeze at least 12 hours.