Is this honey raw ???

rawcanadianrawcanadian Raw Newbie

Hi,

I bought PC Organics Wildflower Honey.

Here is the link: http://www.presidentschoice.ca/FoodAndRecipes/G…

It is unpasteurized, but creamed.

I’m assuming it was heated but I can’t tell.

Anybody know??

Thanks ;-)

Comments

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

Creamed usually just means whipped and it says unpasturized so I know that means it is not heated to the pasturization temp but in order to truly know you would need to contact the parent company or distributor. I def. think though that since it is unpasurized it better than a lot of what is out there.

:) Oh yeah you could also see if the co. has a website the info might be there

• rawcanadianrawcanadian Raw Newbie

Although no big deal, I emailed the company and I am waiting for a reply. Just curious, that’s all.

I won’t freak out if it isn’t raw.

;-)

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

It looks good. If it was pasteurized it would be liquid. Even if it is creamed, raw honey, after harvest, always becomes thick and more solid.

• “creamed honey, usually just means it is spun really fast so it will not re-crystalize. it makes it kind of taste like cream. its great. just image you could blend honey really fast and whip air into it. thats basically what it is:)))

• rawcanadianrawcanadian Raw Newbie

Just in case anybody is curious, it was confirmed this is raw by President’s Choice.

Not bad for $5.99. (500ml)

;-)

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

Thanks, rawcanadian. I never would have thought PC would make anything raw! I have a Zehrs 1 km away. I might just have to pick some up. FYI, if you have a health food section in your Zehrs, check out some of the raw honeys with bee pollen in them or royal jelly. They’re expensive, but worth a try.