What to do with pumpkin seeds from an actual pumpkin?

Branwyn32Branwyn32 Raw Newbie

I KNOW this has been asked before but the Force is not strong with my google-fu today.

The seeds actually scooped from a pumpkin…do they need to be hulled somehow? Can I just dry them and use them like store bought seeds? Can I sprout them?

Also, can I use the pulp from the middle of the pumpkin for anything? I don’t see why I couldn’t blend it right in with the rest of the flesh. (I hate wasting ANYTHING).

Thanks!

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

It appears you can! You can use them right out of the pumpkin with the white shells on. This recipe explains:

http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/2012-pink-pumpki…

• I blend all parts of pumpkin – peel, middle part, seeds – in my smoothies and soups. It is all good. Also you can use middle part for massaging your body and cleaning skin.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I seperated the seeds from the pulp, rinsed them, salted them, and dehydrated them. Now I eat them as a salty snack once in a while.

• Branwyn32Branwyn32 Raw Newbie

Thank you guys! Much appreciated.

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

YAY thanks for posting this Branwyn32 I was just wondering what I could do with mine you have great timing!

I love eating with the seasons and being raw nothing goes to waste

• KrystaleKrystale Raw Newbie

I made squash seeds in the dehydrator last night. I put them in a bowl with some raw olive oil, fresh lime juice and sea salt and swirled them around a bit. I dried the ones still stuck together by pulpy threads on the grate rack and the rest of the teflex sheet, turning once. They're really good.