Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

oil free dressings?

does anyone have afav oil free dressing they can share with me. Im embarking on an 811 diet but i do still need alil extra on my salad other than oil.

Comments

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

When I did my 80-10-10 experiment I could not live without this dressing: 1C tomatoes-any kind 1/2 C soaked sundried tomatoes 7-8 fresh basil leaves 1 clove of garlic juice of 1/2 lemon a little water to get the right consistency All goes in the vitamix

Good luck. I lasted 5 days. That’s it! It was an interesting experiment. I learned a lot about my raw choices, but it was not for me.

• I am new; I do not know 811. What link can I go to?

• MVG- If you can find a post with Moth, she is all about the 811. I think KAIT is on it too. And DurianRider (I think that’s his name) http://www.livingnutrition.com/reviews/80-10-10…

A WHOLE lotta fruit!

• Juice of a mango, a splashes of lime, a touch of cayenne…it tasted good to me but unsure if that’s allowed on this diet. I had that before and it tasted good to me. It was a salad dressing on Rachael but she had EVOO in it.

• My fave is fresh squeezed orange or grapefruit juice with honey. I add some cayene powder, onion powder, turmeric, cumin, sometimes garlic powder, and nutritional yeast. SO GOOD!!

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Sometimes I love plain lemon juice on a salad, but most of the time I use variations of this dressing: 1 cucumber, juice from 1 lemon, 2 scallions, 3 ounces Hass avocado, and a little bit of water. If that's too bland for you, you could always had a clove of garlic.

Swayze

www.fitonraw.com

• dblvsgrgdblvsgrg Raw Newbie

Ok, this might sound like a weird mix...

I have an enlarged heart so my blood pressure is deathly high and I'm always looking for stuff to knock it down. Last winter I discovered this mix on the internet:

1 C apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg's)

1 C raw honey

1 head garlic

Blend it all together and let sit for about a week. You're 'spose to take a coupla tsp/day, but I started putting like 1/4 C on my sprout salads. Anyway, I really like it for a dressing, but it's a little smelly!

• Chef ShuannaChef Shuanna Raw Newbie

Zukay is a brand of fermented, raw and oil free dressings. Maybe something worth checking out for you :)

Cheers!

www.chef-shuanna.tumblr.com