Finding members (feature request)

greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

First off, thank you thank you thank you for such a wonderful site.

And now… can you offer any tips for easily finding a member? I wanted to see one of Poemmom’s recipes just now. I couldn’t find it in the recipes section, so I went to the members section. There are over 7,000 goneraw.com members and nary a search field. Is there a way to go to a member’s profile without scrolling through 400+ pages?

Thanks!

Comments

• yes greenie, this feature needs to be added. also i think members should list their geographic area so that you could search for members by state or city.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

From the Forums page you can search for the member’s name. This will give a list of postings where other members have responded to the member for whom you are searching. Then click on one of the threads. From there you should be able to click on the member’s name and go to their profile. It’s a bit “round about” but works.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I think so too. But in the meantime, why not just search for one of her recipes, like the double fudge brownies, on the home page? Then click on poemomm’s profile from there?

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

DreamBrother: I agree, that would be a great feature.

Emtpdmom: I didn’t find that to work. It just turned up all sorts of pages where members had mentioned her, but no link to her page. But thanks for the suggestion.

RawKidChef: Well, the problem is I’ve forgotten the names of her recipes.

I finally did find her and now I’ve bookmarked her profile. But I’d really like the members section to be a little more usable.

Thanks to all for your replies. I really intended this to be a comment/request to the site owners.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Greenie, you have to click on one of the thread topics, and from there scroll through to find where the member has made a comment. Then click on their name, which will take you to their profile. It’s not ideal, but will work for now. I, too, hope the new release of the site will provide a specific member search feature.