Bulk prices on Fruit?

Okay, I just called my local grocery store to see if they have case prices for fruit and they do! However, it’s only 10% off the normal price. I know that’s something and I’ll definitely be using it. What do you guys do to get enough fruit without going broke in the winter?

Comments

• I eat lots of nanners because they’re the cheapest!! :)

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

We buy frozen organic either direct from farm (best price) or trader joes or co-op for convienece if you live in us check out csa farm shares you pay one month lump sum and get weekly deliveries of organic local seasanol goodies. Apples save a long time in fridge and now is picking time!

~:)

• schmoopeeschmoopee Raw Newbie

I’ve heard that Costco has bulk organic. Is that true? I’ve never been, but I’ll join if that’s the case. Can I just go in and look or will they stop me?

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

You can definitely go in and browse. If you decide to buy anything, they’ll make you get a membership on the spot. Costco in the US definitely has organic. We’re a little behind here in Canada. The produce is gorgeous-looking, but not organic, to my knowledge. There might be a few items that are organic, but there wasn’t anything the last time I was there.

• Apples are on a buck a pound for organic now at farmer’s market and also persimmons are good and cheap now too. I eat organic bananas too. I also buy frozen organic blueberries and strawberries at Trader Joe’s and also frozen mango but they are not organic. I use the frozen fruit for smoothies and ice cream.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

I have to go to a health food store to get anything like persimmons and it isn’t very close to where I live. As far as I know you have to be involved in some sort of business to be a member at Costco. Is that true?

• I guess my situation can’t help you…but I’ll share anyway. :)

I talked to my favorite fruit vendor at my local farmer’s market and asked if they do bulk rates. They are giving me a $1/lb. if I buy a box, which has been coming to 28 lbs. I fill it up each week. During the summer they had a great mix of summer fruit (peaches, plums, nectarines, and grapes), but now it has switched over to the fall fruit (fuji apples, grapes, oranges, fuyu persimmons, and pommagranites).