Q10 Supplement

rawcanadianrawcanadian Raw Newbie

I heard good things about this enzyme and I have been taking 60mg per day.

Just wondering if anybody knows if the raw diet is high in Q10, so that supplementation of it isn’t necessary??

Thanks.my bell

Comments

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Q10 is found in raw meat, raw spinach, brocc. and grains. They can not be processed in any way.

• rawcanadianrawcanadian Raw Newbie

Does this mean that Q10 supplements are useless, and therefore no sense taking them.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

if you eat a good raw diet with variety you can get everything you need. Except B12, which is debatable anyway but best to supplement to be on the safe side.

Spend your cash on food, not pills, that’s what being raw is all about ;)

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

My mom has tried it; according to her it’s very energizing and better for older people, but I think it’s a little unnecessary.

• steviostevio Raw Newbie

my naturopath suggested a one of two things for me:

get off the statin cholesterol med, and take a supplement to transition while I heal (and this supplement contains Q10), or take a Q10 supplement, as the statins tend to deplete you.

I chose to get off the med.

While I agree the goal is to get med and supplement free, there are realities that sometimes you need them while you heal.

Anyway, he believed there was a benefit to the Q10 supplements if you really need one. He also believes this is using it as a medicine, above and beyond what you might get from your diet.