Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Is Raw Food a Cancer Cure or Not?

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Cool find Chris. I’ve also read of someone with metastatic colon cancer who was cured by raw food. My mom has a patient with cancerous liver tumor on a raw diet, also.

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Thanks Chriscarlton great sharing!!! We can always count on YOU for great recipes, inspiration and information!!! Man you RAWK in my book, do you have an older brother, friend, uncle??? LOL

RawKidChef~ Would your Mother like to share the name of the Vegan B12, my MD has NO idea and I haven’t been able to locate the forum where it was discussed…

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

waterbaby12347~ I think I heard it from Jameth Sheridan on Rawkathon that he has a “recipe” for a combination of vegan products that he recommends that supports normal B12 levels. He has been recommending this combination for awhile with good results. He, himself has a normal B12 level and does not take a B12 supplement/shot. If I remember correctly (and that is a big IF) one of the recipe ingredients is spiralina.

Thanks Bluedolfin~ Sure wish you knew the recipe… Do you know how I could get the recipe, I saw the first night of the Rawkathon but was out of town and missed the rest and don’t have the $$$$ to purchase the DVD’s… Can you believe their prices??? Maybe RawKidChef’s mother will be of help or maybe someone here caught the recipe on Rawkathon... HELP anyone?

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

waterbaby12347~ He didn’t mention a “recipe” on the webcast, but kind of mentioned some ingredients in passing. You can contact him through his website NaturalForce. Also search on his name and “B12” to see if there is additional information floating around the net.

BTW, I missed some of the presentations also. I had “cached” some of the presentations to view “later”. Unfortunately, when one does that the links are temporary and if one restarts one’s browser, one loses the presentation. Oy!

Happy exploring. :)

• Personal stories like this one are Soooo Inspirational!!!

She reminds me of Bernadette Bohan in Dublin, Ireland.

Thanks for Sharing the above links!! Stories of success and the benefits of what raw and living foods can do for the human body make me fly! :)

• Raw kid is a chick, FYI ;-)! A very smart woman indeed!

• schmoopeeschmoopee Raw Newbie

I think it was Dr. Rick Dina on the Rawkathon that said that the supplement he took that raised his B12 when he ran tests on himself was VitaMineral Green (a James Sheridan product), http://healthforce.com/product-vitamineral-NEW…..

He believed it was the Chlorella, but wasn’t sure. He had done a test with spirulina and it didn’t raise his B12.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Thanks Chriscarlton for the cancer testimony. I put your information on another forum. It will inspire so many.

Hi there waterbaby my mom and I eat the Klamath Wild Blue Green Algae to get B12. I have heard that spirulina and blue green algae are the same things – but I find the blue green algae is much superior to spirulina and much easier to digest. You can get it at the Vitamin Shoppe by their brand and even though it’s not fancy it still works wonders. You can also get it at online places like crystalalgae.com, vitacost.com, and E3Live has it but it’s pretty expensive. I’ll ask my mom about other options too. :)

I juat take a sublinual from H.A., Do you think the Algae would be better for absorption? I sort of gag at the thought of eating slim, but if it is better, I will go the slim way.smile

ooops I said slim instead of slime. Course the slim way is the best. lol

The algae is really awesome. And you don’t have to eat the slimy kind (lol) because you an get raw dried powder in capsule form. It is very unique and is like a food.I definitely think you should eat it, as it improves concentration and brain function tremendously. A study shows that 108 children who were fed blue green algae had better focus and social behavior.

Thanks “RawKidchef” will get some. Maybe it will do good things for a senior. smile

• randommararandommara Raw Newbie

RawKidChef: Do you have any specifics on that study? I’d like to know the brand they used and how much was given per weight. There’s a lot of different kinds of blue green algae.

• I’d like to see that study, too. I just ordered some E3Live the other day even though it’s MAD expensive.

I actually found out about the study in the Naked Chocolate book. Here are the quotes. I took all the information out of that section so it’s not all about the particular study. There is no particular brand, but my favorite is the Crystal Algae. Blue green algae from Klamath Lake, Oregon:

“Blue green algae from Klamath Lake, Oregon has become a popular dried food among health-seekers all over the world. This blue green algae is a wild food with a fantastic array of brain specific phytochemicals, a huge selection of antioxidants, minerals (especially zinc, selenium and magnesium), amino acids (it is a complete protein), vitamins, enzymes, and many other unique nutrients. A study looking at blue green algae as brain food followed 109 students who were fed blue green algae, and concluded that children had a significant improvement in the ability to focus, follow directions, and concentrate. In addition the children experienced a reduction in argumentative, demanding, and combative behavior, fewer symptoms of anxiety and depression, an improvement in social skills, and fewer signs of emotional and behavioral withdrawal.”

• Thanks for taking the time to locate and post that, RKC. :-)

Hey your welcome holyguac :)

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

chriscarlton – Thanks for sharing this! Shelley is amazing! She’s the person from whom I learned about raw chocolate (it had just come on the market) & how to replace dairy with cashews – this was when I was only a few months into raw, and was a great help to me. She is also the main person responsible for the great selection of raw foods available at our local health food store – she would hear about something, and she would go to the health food store manager(s) and tell them about it & request that they stock it. They willingly did so, to their benefit and ours! She is beautiful, amazing & inspiring. I’m happy to see her story getting out! :)

RawKidChef~ Did you check with your mom about a vegan source for B12 and thanks for all the other wonderful info you have already provided… Young lady, YOU RAWK!!!

• itouristitourist Raw Newbie

Gerson’s therapy (drinking a lot of juice) is known to be successful for colon cancer.

Kris Karr has a Crazy Sexy Cancer Blog. Her you tube clip is inspirational. Use Crazy Sexy Cancer as the search words or her name on you tube.

Last week on Good Morning America, a doctor was saying that humans are the only mammals that get breast cancer. And they want to do studies to find out. We’re the only mammal drinking other mammals milk and consuming all those chemicals. That’s why.

Ah sorry for the long delay, I let this one slip my mind. Waterbaby my mom and I eat the wild blue green algae as a main source of B12. Thanks! You guys may find this really cool about cancer – called the grape cure.

http://www.alternativehealth.co.nz/cancer/grape…