Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

This Time 2 Questions 4 Newbie

I love this! I LOVE it when everyone gets to be included AND I get to learn so much since I’m starting!!

1) What’s your best recipe (on gone raw so I can try) 2) What ONE recipe on gone raw is your favorite; one that you’d recommend to a newbie?

PS. 2 isn’t meant to offend, we know all of your recipes are hip hip hoo raw.

Comments

• beate64beate64 Raw Newbie

I LOVE those little vampires made out of 2 cups of dates and 1/4 of raw cocoa powder, processed = awesome truffles, yumm! I forgot who posted it, but they are great!! I mixed some ground up sesame seeds in, formed a roll and cut off slices. Now we can just help ourselves from the fridge!! You would not believe there are dates in this… and I do love dates :))) great recipe to experiment with…

• beate64beate64 Raw Newbie

Now I remember, it was fudgey the friendly bat :)) and 2. of course bac-un!!! And I loved that caponata recipe :))

• You were the first photo I saw when I found this site. It was the pizza crackers!!! I’m new so I got an idea of staples and primary foods because there’s a lot of foods I’m not familiar with. Also, I wanted to know a favorite recipe so I knew what to try because some things are expensive… It’s been a week w/out meat and I’m still excited about the combinations.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

What? ALL my recipes are good :) But if you ever liked Orange Julius, try my “Orange With Ice” (my son’s name for it) – it’s better than the “real thing”.

My favorite on goneraw is Zoe’s “Cheese With Spring Onions”

• schmoopeeschmoopee Raw Newbie

I don’t have any recipes up, I never measure anything, so I’ll tell you my 3 favorite staples instead…

1) Kale salad, very much like Kandace’s goneraw.com/recipes/6-Avocado-Kale-Salad, but I always add more veggies, a bit of agave, cumin and dried cranberries. I eat it almost everyday, I’m not a big fan of regular salads with romaine, kale is much more nutritious.

2) also a Kandace recipe : ) goneraw.com/recipes/8-Zucchini-Ratatouille. It’s super flavorful and warm. non-raw peeps like it too.

3) SlAwS!! Just julienne any veggies add acv or lemon, olive oil and agave all to your own taste, + whatever herbs/spices you like. Let it marinate for an hour. Super easy and yummy

• DreaDrea Raw Master

poemmom’s sausage pizza saved my life! It’s delicious!

• ungratefulungrateful Raw Newbie

Three favorites.

The first I haven’t made yet but will someday. I love raw pizza. I haven’t made it myself yet, but I went to Cafe Gratitude in San Francisco and had some and it was so good I cried at the table.

The next two are simple. I assume you have a blender, i hope.

My kinpira peeler ($15 at sur la table) that allows me to make vege “noodles” out of zukes and carrots and the like. I whip up a raw sauce in the blender, no recipe, just wing it, tomato, onion, olive oil, some sea salt, garlic, whatever you like, and blend it in to oblivion then pour it over the “noodles” and try not to get any on your shirt when you eat it because it’s really good and I always get sauce on my shirt.

Shaker salad. This is kind of like raw stir fry. cut your veges small, bite sized. I like zukes, carrot, snap peas, mushrooms, anything you would put in a stirfry.

Put them in a container, jar, bowl, whatever that has air tight lid. Add oil, herbs, spices, seeds, ACV or lemon juice, ginger, green onions, whatever seasonings you like.

Put the lid on and shake the container until your arms hurt (it’s good for you, do it). Put the container in the fridge and let it sit at least an hour, overnight is better. The veges “cook” in the marinade and, holy cats is it good!

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Good questions!

1. I only have two recipes posted because I tend to wing it also. Of those two, this one has more comments, so I’ll go with Sweet and sour and spicy beet pasta

2. Hands down, Crisyn’s Rich Cheddar Sauce

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

the cobblers i posted are great.

zoe’s cheese is a lifesaver. or, a raw life saver for me. i also really like the dancing chicken salad.