Food Processors?

I need a new food processor, my current one is so loud I have to wear ear plugs! And its not really doing a great job. It was a cheapo 20 buck thing. I need to up grade and was thinking about splashing out on a cuisinart (well if I am going to eat raw for the forseeable future I’ll need it) so does anyone have any recommendations on make, model,etc. I know cuisianrt have a range of models (and prices!), and I don’t want to buy top of the line if the mid range will cover my raw needs.

I’d love to hear what works for people – and what doesn’t.

Thanks!

Comments

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I simply LOVE the 3 cup Cuisinart. I prep for one – so i tend to make small batches. http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DFP-3-Handy-3-C…

My reasoning is, if i tried to make small batches (less than 2 cups worth) in a 7 cup, it wouldn’t work well.

• I don’t know about Cuisinarts, but I researched FPs two years ago and bought a big KitchenAid. I’ve been thrilled! No problems or issues to date, and I use it at least several times/week.

My advice is to buy the biggest one you can afford. Mine came with a big bowl and a little bowl, so I can always opt for the small one when I just wanna whip up a little dessert, etc. But, when I want to make a big batch of something to dehydrate, for example, then I only have to do 1 batch. What a time and effort saver!

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

Look on Amazon.com. They often have sales on big appliances and shipping is often free. You can read customer reviews and compare all the models and brands they carry. I bought a KitchenAid KFP750CR 700-Watt 12-Cup Food Processor, Chrome from Amazon.com during the summer. It was $199.99. It came with all kinds of attachments. I love it.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Here’s my Cuisinart story: mine is at LEAST 25 years old and still going strong. I use it several times a week.

It used to belong to my MIL, but I borrowed it so damn much she bought herself a new Cuisinart and let me keep the old one. I’m pretty sure it’s the 11 cup standard size, and bigger is better.

Bed, Bath and Beyond always has 20% off coupons in the paper.