I Think I Made Mousse

I made milk from a banana, almond butter(not sure if its called “butter” but its basically cold pressed almond paste thingy) and some peanut butter, I eat some with granola and the rest left in the fridge, and kinda forgot about it for like a week-week and a half, today it checked it and it totally became a mousse! texture&taste completely, has a tiny bit of sourness but u really hardly notice it through the sweet taste of the other ingredients, I ate just a few bits because I’m slightly afraid that it gone bad, smells ok, no mold or anything like that, just that bit of sourness, you think its gone bad or did it just cheesed in some way?

Comments

• ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

Ate it all today.. Yummy! it was amazing and the bit of sourness was even just on the top layer, im out of banana’s but ill go buy some on sunday and make some more!

• FeeFee Raw Master

How cool that something you forgot about turned out so well. Ususually things I forget about go manky! It sounds delicious, but then I love banana and peanut butter and if you add chocolate….

• springleafspringleaf Raw Newbie

I have also made a mousse, but in a different way. If you blend up blueberries with bannanas and (I think) hemp seed milk then you get lots of little bubbles in the smoothie. If you leave it for about 10 minutes or so (I left mine at room temp) it sets! I think it is something in the blueberries that does this as I have not experienced it with any other fruit. It was really nice texture, just like mousse you buy in little pots. This whole thing happened as an accident as well. I made a smoothie and then my new house mate turned up to move in and I forgot about it for about 10 minutes and then tried t drink it and couldn’t! had to use a spoon… :-)

• springleafspringleaf Raw Newbie

P.S. I have tried this again and if you use too few blueberries it won’t work you just get a thiker smoothie. You need a whole punnet to get it to work.

• Hey I found that maca powder turned something gelatinous, but I can’t remember the other ingredients lol! I think Brendan Brazier (The Thrive Diet) mentions maca making gels. I’m going to get some almond butters and try this fermented mousse, it sounds cool!

• The blueberries are full of pectin – the stuff used to help jello. Sounds really good… I need hemp seeds…

• ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

Maka gives me a really bad stomach ache so I’ll have to pass, but went shopping today and bought several things to test with, ill keep you updated :).