Cashew Flour

RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

I have been dying to make this recipe I found for some raw chocolate chip cookies but the only problem is that it calls for cashew flour and I have NO idea whatsoever how you make cashew flour. Anybody know?

Comments

• schmoopeeschmoopee Raw Newbie

I believe it is the dehydrated pulp from cashew milk that is ground after being dehdyrated.

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

I guess that makes sense. What would I use the cashew milk for though?

• schmoopeeschmoopee Raw Newbie

As a smoothie or soup base.

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

I wonder if you could make the flour from the whole cashews. I store mine in the freezer (mostly to keep me from inhaling the whole bag in one sitting—LOL!) and occasionally grind about a dozen nuts in my coffee grinder until they form almost a powder. The moisture keeps it a bit clumpy, but when I add a bit of sea salt to it, it makes a fine rawmesan cheeze for sprinkling on my zucchini noodles with raw tomato-basil sauce. If you have a dehydrator you could soak the cashews to remove a bit of the fat content, then dehydrate them, to lower the overall moisture content, then pulse them in a food processor until they are almost as fine as flour. Don’t go too far, or you’ll make cashew butter. It seems like a worthwhile experiment. Is it me, or does the dehydrator kind of have an EasyBake Oven aspect to it? I feel like a kid, all excited as I wait for my experimental goodies to un-bake.

• rawlizardrawlizard Raw Newbie

I have done what 1sweetpea describes, and the key is to dehydrate the nuts until they are very very dried. Then grind in coffe rinder and voila, you end up with nut flour.