Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Fun Things To Do With Almond Butter

I don’t know why people are eating peanut butter when they could be eating almond butter (oh yes, to save money). I never tried it until I went raw but it is incredible.

At night, I put some in a bowl and then break a banana into chunks and dredge it through the almond butter. I whipped some into frozen bananas and made almond butter banana ice dream. YUMMMM. Tomight, I was looking for a snack and I am low on supplies. I have taken dried pineapple rings and am spreading almond butter between them to make cookies. Not bad but very sweet.

I was just sitting here thinking that there are so many things you can do with a nut butter. The other day I mixed peanut butter with pineapple chucks (the juice and the nut butter combine to make a sweet, peanut sauce) and thai peppers and then served it over mung bean sprouts. It was great.

How do you like to use your favorite nut butter? Come on, share your ideas.

Comments

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

I almost died when I read about your pineapplebutter sauce served over mung beans and peppers. I don’t buy nutbutters. Maybe sometime soon. I should see if there are any good recipes on here. (I’m cash poor as they say).

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

love the pineapple ring idea. I like my Almond Butter Stuffed Dates recipe, and making candies. I can’t wait to try the ice cream. It sounds so good.

• I do the ice dream as well, but also add cacao powder to it.

Nut pates, shake w/ water for nut mylk, mix w/ agave, sunflower seeds, pepitas, and dried fruit for a quickie delight. Or make the almond cherry cookie dough on this site (almond butter, dried cherries, shredded coconut, agave, vanilla).

My personal fave right now is Thai “peanut” sauce w/ almond butter and LOTS of cilantro blended in. Its sweet and hot and creamy and wonderful!

• Hi,this is my first time here.(I started eating raw 7 weeks ago)(I’ve lost 18 pounds by the way)Anyway I received this recipe from a friend, and I love it! Cut up a head of broccoli and throw some sunflower seeds on them. And then you make a sauce in processor using 3 Tblsp Shayou, 2 tblsp agave, 2 tblsp olive oil,2 cloves garlic, and 1 tblsp almond butter. process and throw over broccoli and seeds.let sit for an hour or so and dig in!

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

Although this isn’t 100% raw I take a Ezekiel peta bread and spread the almond butter on it and place a banana in the center and wrap it up. And this just NOW came to mind but adding agave nectar or raw honey would be great as well. I think I know what I am having for desert now :)

I too LOVE the almond butter. It’s one of my favorites. Can’t wait to see what else people do with it.

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

we sometimes do almond butter with fruit or banana or date in lettuce like a wrap I even did it with cuke once and it was awesome.Does anyone make almond butter in a vitamix or anything is better homemade?

• FeeFee Raw Master

Eat it off a spoon straight out the jar!!!

I like it stuffed into dates or mashed with banana and cacao powder for pudding or breakfast or with avocado, dates and cacao for pudding.

The other day I put some on some of Ani Phyo’s black sesame bread and mixed it up with a little agave and it was scrummy, so give it a go Caleb if you haven’t done so already.

• RubyLaineRubyLaine Raw Newbie

Belovedone43- that broccoli recipe sounds yummy. You should post it. I am going to make it this afternoon. You guys have great ideas. I was only using it on my celery—boring!! But I absolutely love love love almond butter. Oh, and right off the spoon..yes definately. It’s like a forbidden delicacy.

• ajchanterajchanter Raw Newbie

mmmm, i mash up a banana and pour on almond butter mixed with raw honey (could use agave, if wanted)!!! YUM, oh my it’s good!

• this is a bit off,but try almond butter with a spoon of water and a pinch of turmeric powder.leave on the face and neck for 10-15 min and wash off with warm water.An instant facial effect….

• One of my favorite snacks is sliced crisp apples dipped in almond butter.

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I love nut butters! I have been making my own lately. Just throw the nuts in a food processor with a little nut oil and blend until as smooth as you like it. I’ve been making pecan butter lately.

When my next order of almonds comes in, I will do the banana ice dream. I have been meaning to do so for ages but schoolwork just hasn’t allowed the time to do much raw cooking. I love the apple idea too. I tend to have a lot more free time in the winter – so you’ll see lots of almond butter recipes coming from me.

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

Fee, Does Ani Phyo have it posted on her website? I really need some fully raw breads, onion bread just doesn’t do it for me.

it (or any nut butter really) is also incredible in the Caramel Coconut Cookies, and pureeing fruit with nut butter makes incredible puddings. Adding a few tablespoons of it to most desserts makes awesome stuff. Any more ideas?

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

RAW KID CHEF - That sound interesting to puree fruit with a nut butter. I will have to try that as a pudding.

I ordered some fresh organic young coconuts which should be arriving soon. I am fasting for a while so when they come I will collect the water and freeze it into cubes for easy storage. I also plan to freeze the meat after I blend it down. How yummy it would be mixed with almond butter! Add a few cacao nibs and I will have fresh, raw, almond joy ice dream.

• ALMOND BUTTER A PINCH OF SALT AND SOME AGAVE NECTAR AND A SPOON .

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

I love nut butter and banana. For a light and simple lunch or quick snack at work -- pack a banana, spoon and small container of nut butter (I keep a jar in my small fridge at work). Peel banana. Put a dollop of butter on top. Take a bite. Repeat until banana is gone. Close jar. Lick spoon clean. Save peel for compost pile at home. Yummmm!!!

Nut butter and fruit ground up has to be one of the best combos every (especially banana). Next I'll try adding some cardamom.

• Word, almond butter+peeled apples+all spice+food processor= so good. Wouldn't have tried it had I not read your suggestion, cheers

oh and a little bit of lemon juice

• To make a quick breakfast, I throw some almonds in my "coffee/spice grinder" until it's semi-smooth, chop up a crisp apple, a date or two and some raw cashews, put it all in a bowl, stir and eat with a spoon. It's great~

• yum

berryberry

i'll have to try that one!

• kauaigirlkauaigirl Raw Newbie

For the longest time I thought I didn't like almond butter... it just sat there in the fridge. Too thick, sticky, whatever, I wasn't into it. But now I figured out how to dilute it into a creamier sauce and I LOVE it now! I put a scoop in blender, some stevia, pinch salt, cinnamon, and some water. Pour this over apples for breakfast! YUM!

• When I need a quick snack I have some almond butter on celery. If I'm in need of some sweet toothin', I add cacao. I see that I haven't been as creative as I should be!

• I saw raw almond butter at the store...it was 37 dollars. wtf?

Does everyone make their own? I guess you need a powerful food processor or something for this??

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

The most common almond butters, like at Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, are not raw. Since mainstream almonds have to be pasturized, these jars of "raw almond butter" can't be raw either. And since truely raw almond butter is way too expensive for me, I just use the pasturized stuff (I guess that makes me like... 98% raw). However, I rarely use it anymore, and sometimes make my own cashew butter (which are hopefully raw like they say, haha).

Does anyone here use actually raw almond butter? Is there a certain online location that has the best deal?

P.S. megan lyne, in order to make my cashew butter, I just soak the cashews overnight, them blend them in the food processor, while gradually adding water until its buttery enough. Then I leave it just like that, but you could add in spices/herbs to make it more tasty.