Alissa Cohen

I tried the carrot-pecan burgers on here, from her book and I LOVED THEM! I was wondering if all of her recipes are so tasty? I have a bit of a sweet tooth and don’t care for bitter flavors, so I wanted to know if many of her recipes are so quick, easy and delicious? Worth the $30? Also, is it from the Living on Live Food book? Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Hi! I have also tried the carrot pecan burgers and loved them as well. Yes, they are from the Living on Live Food book. You are going to get a variety of recipes in there to satisfy all taste buds. I have tried a few of the recipes so far and love them. Her dressing is great and I use it all the time. The Date Nut Torte is also wonderful. Hope this helps.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I haven’t got her book but I tried the banana/strawberry crepes they are amazing, and the recipe is on this site, also her barbeque chick-un which is on a website somehwere is great!

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

I love her avocado mayonnaise, avocado chutney, and I’d have to say that we’ve liked everything we’ve made. I learned to cut way back on the amount of salt and garlic until I taste it first, then add to my liking, but that’s how it goes with every recipe to be on the safe side of your tastebuds :) I’d recommend her book. The only thing that’s missing is photos of the food, I love seeing a photo of what I’m going to make before I make it.

• I bought her book and DVD. I know it’s a little on the pricey side, but it’s totally worth it. When I get unmotivated with the Raw thing, I play her DVD or read her book and it totally gets me back into the grove. I like her book because it’s easy to read, and it’s more than just recipes. But she does lack photos.

• Thank you for all of the responses! I will try the banana/strawberry crepes next! I need some more staples before the kids and I are tired of carrot-pecan burgers!