Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What is your favorite raw foods resturaunt and what dish do you like most?

Always nice to know when you travel where to go and what to get.

Comments

• Cafe Gratitude in SF, I went to the one on Harrison Street. Any of their rich creamy luscious desserts and their live pizza. :) Deasmiles

• That’s the cafe that has everything named in a complimetary form like, “I’ll have the I am fantastic with a side of the I am wonderful” I have not been but have heard about it and what a great concept. We need to give more love and appreciation to ourselves! I may have to go to San Fran just to check it out!

• There are two in Portland, Blossoming Lotus and Proper Eats. I haven’t been to BL, but I’m so partial to Proper Eats that I have to say PROPER EATS! I also heard of a lot of people getting sick from BL’s food at a vegan festival last year.

• Well considering I’ve only been to one, I guess it’s my favorite! :) It’s the Ecopolitan in Minneapolis, Minnesota. www.ecopolitan.com I try to eat there once a week. It’s hard to pick just one dish…hmm…I’d say the rawvioli, or the rawmelette and my fav drink is their ginger lemonade.

• I have to second the Amen! on Cafe Gratitude in SF. I went there with some non-raw friends and they had no idea. Also, in NYC, RawSoul is a lovely little spot up in Harlem and in Chicago, Cousins Incredible Vitality (I know, funny name) rocks. They have an all you can eat raw-bar with everything from delicious salads, to burritos, to stuffed peppers. Throw out all rules of food combining this night, for you will want to sample everything (and takes notes on recipe ideas.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I like all the one’s I’ve been too:

Alchemy Juice Bar in Hartford, CT. We had the pizza and the Mexican platter. They were both so delicious (a bit salty though). And there servings were so good. This is the only raw food place I’ve been to where I couldn’t finish my meal because it was so much or so filling. My most favorite. Their dessert selection is great… and yummy.

Organic Garden in Beverly(Boston), MA. We had the tacos and the asian dish. We also had two cookies. Tacos were the best!

Luna Pastel in Harrisburg, PA. We’ve had many dishes at this place… plus, dessert and smoothies too. My favorite was the Thai-ger soup. It was the special for that day.

Loving Life in New Oxford, PA. We’ve had several dishes here and desserts too. They have the best soft serve ice cream and cheesecake.

Laughing Seed in Asheville, NC has only one raw dish. Not much to compare, but great place to check out! We loved the ambiance!

• Is there any one who has been to an LA area resturaunt?

• Hi I went to a restaurant this weekend here in Atlanta called RJ Thomas. They have some raw dishes and are open 24 hours a day. They have a tucan, a parrot, a canary, and some other neat birds to talk to there. I said hello to all of them and they all replied different stuff and then when we left I said good-by and they all started saying stuff like goodbye back as we walked away- my boyfriend couldn’t believe it! I am going to Florida tomorrow- down hwy 75 so if anyone knows of somewhere we could stop during our trip through tampa to sarasota or naples let me know.

• kauaigirlkauaigirl Raw Newbie

Sedona Raw Cafe in Sedona, AZ is my all-time fave! Everything is great, especially Magic Bars. D’Lish in Sedona has one raw meal that is amazing too, but the rest is cooked.

Here in Kaua’i, we have the Blossoming Lotus which is great but only has 3 raw options which I’m already bored with. Their live fudge is awesome!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

For Chicago, next you go for raw food, check out the Chicago Diner. They are not all raw – they are vegetarian. But the owner and his wife are raw foodists and they offer two raw entrees which change every week plus raw desserts!

The raw nachos are so good! Their raw cheesecakes and smoothies are always great! They change every week.

http://veggiediner.com/specials.html

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I’ve only visited one raw restaurant (Blossoming Lotus in Portland). They used to have a Chef’s Muse option that was always an amazing surprise – I miss it. My favorite dish now is probably the raw pizza, as I rarely take the time to make such a complicated meal. They had a taco salad special recently that was really good, too. And, they have a delightful ginger-dressing salad.

Gawky, this is the first I’ve heard of Proper Eats. I’m excited to try another restaurant in town.

• wow americans are so lucky. anyone know if there is a raw food place like that in Australia?

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

Hi all, well i couldnt stand it, i had to go try a new raw place BEFORE my birthday, Its called the greenery, in encinitas, Ca. Cris the owner/cook, is a great guy and very pro raw hoping to convert the world I think, and his sweet potato bread on the sandwich i bought was to die for!( how do i tactfully get the recipe…..) I had the tomatoe and “cream cheese” sammy I was in a rush to get to yoga but we chatted it up quite a bit and he gave me some good ideas about marketing my crackers and breads t the farmers market….im trying the curry veggies n my birthday and a salad and a desert of course! anyway, everyone down here needs to go there! its a cute space,and more friendly than the cilantros in carlsbad, also more tastey! IMO;)

• For anyone that ever makes it to Toronto, Live (http://www.livefoodbar.com) is a super tasty place. Their menu is half cooked, half raw but always vegan. They also have an incredible juice bar, yummy desserts, specials that change bi-weekly and do a raw brunch (which I haven’t tried yet but and itching to get to before I move).

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Heh, I’ve only ever been to Live once and that’s the only raw restaurant I’ve been to, and it was on their Sunday brunch! It was very good but I still was disappointed they didn’t have their regular menu going… It was also back when I didn’t even consider going raw so I could tolerate the complexity of their food and enjoyed it a lot. If I went now… I would probably get a tummy ache…

• kauaigirlkauaigirl Raw Newbie

OOoooh I almost forgot the Tree of Life in Patagonia, AZ is my REAL fave! They do it up buffet style with tons of choices. Had an amazing live pizza there.