Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Peppermint Bark

I love this holiday treat! I was wondering if anyone’s discovered a raw recipe for it??? I would very much love to have it—I miss white chocolate! Thanks!

Comments

• ungratefulungrateful Raw Newbie

here is a recipe for white chocolate mint smoothie. it might help http://rawdorable.blogspot.com/2007/12/wonderfu…

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

Cocoa butter is essentially white chocolate. If you’re okay with using peppermint essence, you could do this pretty easily with soaked and dehydrated almonds or the nut of your choice, or even dried fruits like cranberries. I don’t have a recipe for this, but if you start experimenting early, you’ll have an awesome treat to eat and share with friends in time for the holiday season AND a recipe to post here on gone raw! I’d do it myself, but sweets are not my friends. I’d wind up chowing the whole batch—no sense in tempting myself.

• Thanks for the idea ungrateful, but unfortunately I don’t like bananas – I know!!

1sweetpea – Great idea! but is peppermint essence considered raw??? I really like to try and stay 100 %. And I’ll definetely post after I work some magic.

Thanks guys!

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

eloisaweesa~ You can delete 9 of those duplicate post if you like… Just click edit and at the top of the comment there is the term, DELETE POST… Just click it and they will be gone… Good luck with the peppermints, sounds like wonderful fun…

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

I wouldn’t think that peppermint essence is raw, but what about fresh peppermint leaves? Maybe you could pound a bunch in a mortar and pestle, then extract the oils and liquids. It might work. I suggested the peppermint essence because it is traditionally used, but I’m sure it contains alcohol. You should inquire at a health food store about essential oils. Maybe you’ll find the cooked vs. raw answer.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Mint leaves would be great, as sweepea suggested, also maybe a teaspoon of organic peppermint extract, but I’m not totally sure if that’s 100% raw. Mint leaves are fresher.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Mmmmm. I love peppermint bark or peppermint spiked hot cocoa. This thread is something to think about. I need to go find a good cocoa recipe made from cacao powder. Anyone got one?

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I just looked up peppermint bark on google and it looks really good. I found a recie that used white chocolate and peppermint candy. I might suggest melting 1/2 cup raw cacao butter till liquid in a dehydrator or the sun and blending with date paste, agave, maple, or whatever sweetener you use, with a teaspoon of peppermint extract and vanilla extract. Then I would puree some dates with water and 1/2 a teaspoon of peppermint oil and dehydrate that until hard. maybe add some dried strawberry pieces for the red effect and mix the candy chunks with the white mint chocolate, before the chocolate hardens. I have made really good white chocolate and all you would need to do is add candy chunks. Just a thought. :)

• Hey! thanks guys for all your input!

~RawKid that is an awesome idea! So detailed, but will definetely give a try. I know... mmm.. peppermint bark is sooo yummy!

~waterbaby, yeah, sorry about those duplicate posts, don't know how that happened, but I couldn't find that delete post option you were talking about...

• i would, maybe, add some vanilla bean to the cocoa butter. you could make some of the topping by mashing fresh mint (the way you mash fresh mint when making a mojito --- this releases the oil). maybe you could play around with beet juice mixed with light agave nectar and then dehydrate this to make it look like a candy cane.

let me know how your experiment goes.

btw, i saw the cover of marth stewart for december and that's what got me thinking about raw peppermint bark.

• PamPam

Can you take a raw halvah recipe and add essential oil of peppermint? I don't know if that's what everyone means by peppermint essence. I think essential oils are raw.