Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How do you search for a recipe by topic?

How do you search to find certain types of recipes?

Comments

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

I think at the moment the recipe search feature is not engaged. You might try a Google search, using the Advanced Search feature. You can include Gone Raw in your search terms. I've found this helpful several times, especially because I can put several terms in the search.

• Good question... it's definitely not fully functional yet, I'll say that for sure! I think it will catch up and get better over time. Great suggestion about the Google Search, though!!

• StrongAndRawStrongAndRaw Raw Newbie

You must be lucky!

Strong_and_raw, I'm so sorry. My recipe search suggestion was based on past experiences with Gone Raw. It USED to work that way. With the new login requirement it doesn't. You can still get the URL, but it won't link up right. HOWEVER, there's now an Advanced Search feature built in to Gone Raw, and I've just had excellent recipe search results from within the Gone Raw site. Kandace and Ray, you RAWK.

• Yup, the advanced search feature is working for me also. Very cool.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Besides using the search on the top of the page, you might also want to look at the various recipe tags. These will get to pages of breakfast recipes, salads, soup, and so on.

http://goneraw.com/tagadelic/chunk/3

• Wow... this is NOT an improvement. I used to search recipes here all the time. Now it's a pain in the butt to find a recipe.

I find myself getting most of my recipes from other sites now. That is too bad, because goneraw used to be a valuable resource.

Can it be changed back??

KathyT

Kathy T, I've posted this elsewhere, but wanted to also provide the link here. I think with a little practice you will find the search features much improved. Hope the suggestions at this link are helpful.

http://www.goneraw.com/forum/love-new-search-features

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

wow emtpdmom that worked great. that would be useful information for Kandace and Ray to put on the front page.

I would never in a million years have figured that out on my own. Clicking on the word search would never have come to mind. I had tried using the search before and it was awful.

I thought you typed in a word and THEN hit search. that is what I had been doing

thanks so much for sharing this with us.

If you haven't in the last few minutes, you might want to check back on my original thread. Evergreen and bluedolfin have added some additional search hints.

• Thanks everyone for the feedback, and emtpdmom for the link to the new search. I never would have found it otherwise. :)

My pleasure.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Blue_Eyes: Thanks for the suggestion - we posted the advanced search info on the home page.

• evergreenevergreen Raw Master

i don't want to confuse anyone , but you of course can still type in a word and hit search, as Blue_Eyes said above

...if you get TOO many results, click 'advanced search' (in blue letters between the search box and the results) and just check recipes if that is what you are looking for, and hit the advanced search button (now in a green bar)... leaving the field blank to begin with is a shortcut to the advanced search...also,you may have missed the advanced search feature because it was only available when you were logged in until a few days ago when ray made it available all the time:)