raw parsnips

hey everyone, just got me some parsnips and wondering if anyone has some yummy ideas of what t do with them other than grate in salad? cheers, caroline aka raw mama xxx

Comments

• Check out this Mashed Potatoes Recepie:

http://goneraw.com/recipe/parsnip-pine-nut-whip-or-better-mashed-potatoes

I bought some Parsnips yesterday just to make this!!

• I love parsnip rice. Just grate the parsnips and add some oil, garlic and sea salt. Mix through and 'sweat' in the drier for about 30 mins.

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

I've seen a few recipes for parsnips, both cooked and raw and they all indicate that you should cut the parsnips lengthwise and remove the woody interiors. I wish I had known this last April when I made a roasted root vegetable dish (in my pre-raw days) for a family function. I used a variety of root veggies and the parsnips were the only vegetable that was tough. Some of the pieces were soft, but the thicker ones (which I had cut to be uniform?) that had the woody interiors were definitely tough to chew. That might not be as noticeable if you grate the whole parsnip, but it might still be a good plan to remove the interiors, at least the first time. Sample them. If the toughness doesn't bother you then leave it in, but I just wanted to pass along that tidbit of information.

• This is one of my favorites! Takes some time to prepare but worth it!

http://gliving.tv/greenchefs/recipes/carrot-and-parsnip-fettuccine/

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

Greeneyedlady, thanks for alerting me to that website. The carrot and parsnip fettucine looks outstanding. I can't wait to peruse the rest of the recipes there.

• Isn't it a great site?! Right up there with goneraw! ;)

• I want to thank you, too! Awesome web site!! I tried to find out more about the chef that created that dish but just ended up wandering through all kinds of spectacular pictures of dishes. Great for getting people hooked on raw and for special occasions!!