Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

how much weight did you lose during the first month?

:) just curious, and did you eat fatty foods (nuts, etc)?

Comments

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

I was using the Cousins plan when I first started. Lost zero pounds and still having weight problems. I do eat nuts, seeds, grains etc. When I cut back on them I become very weak.

• I lost 10 pounds and since have held steady for the last 2 months or so. I wasn't (and am still not) following any plans, just eating what I wanted when I wanted and trying to do monomeals, which I find are easiest. I also didn't , and still haven't gone 100%. I waver betwee 80%-100% raw, but I'm still transitioning. I was already considered thin when I started raw but am perfectly happy with my weight now!

• I lost 5 pounds first month. 4 pounds second month. So I am back into my jeans now and a normal weight. But I would like to lose more fat to be a thin weight.

I didn't follow any plan, just ate raw and made recipes found here or in my cookbooks.

• I lost 15 pounds but I want every pound back and more. I eat 811 style so I cleared house but now I think I've bottomed out and it's time to rebuild!

• Not sure aboout the first month, but I went raw in March, saw my doctor in May. I lost about 20 lbs, give or take a few. My doc was concerned, I told him about the raw lifestyle he said...oh? All my lab work came back fine.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

I lost about 10-15 pounds. No plan either. I didn't lose that weight until about the third week though.

I should mention that I don't like nuts and have only eaten grains a few times. I started eating seeds more though.

I'm 80-100% raw and happy with my weight now. I've been raw for seven months

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

I haven't lost any weight yet, due to the fact that I'm still trying to sort out how much I really need to eat, without overdoing it, even on perfectly healthy raw food. This not feeling full business has thrown me for a loop. I think I've been eating a lot more than my body really needs to function optimally. Even though I haven't lost pounds, I have gained tons of energy, both mental and physical. I'm happier in general and feel fewer aches and pains. I can attribute some of this to having quit drinking caffeinated, aspartame-laden sodas, but the rest is a combination of great food choices, lots of greens and regular exercise, which I finally have the energy and motivation to do. It used to be a challenge to work out both days of the weekend. Then, I'd do nothing all week. Now, I'm working out 5 days per week and feeling stronger and stronger. I think 5-10 pounds will come off, perhaps very slowly, once I find the right amount of food to eat for my level of metabolic activity.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

for me it wasn't until I went 100% that I lost a lot of weight. I wasn't overweight to begin with, just a bit podgy. After I lost a lot of weight, it came back on over the following months, but my body shape changed. My body was a very different shape than before.

I have weighed 9 1/2 stones, all my life. I used to be a UK dress size 14, now I am a UK dress size 8-10 and I still weigh the same. Apparently it is all lean muscle, but I don't do any excercise at all at the moment, or for the last year really.

My bust size has also gone up 2 sizes, and stayed there, since going 100% raw.

• thecavsmanthecavsman Raw Newbie

I started transitioning in February 08 when I weighed about 145 pounds and went 100% raw in april. I didn't lose that much weight (not sure how much, if any...maybe 5 pounds?) before I went 100%. By June I weight 120 pounds. I even fell to 116, which is when I started consciously trying to add in some fats. I looked too skinny in the face for my liking. I am now very satisfied...but, yeah, to answer your question, the weight flew off from April 08 until June 08...I lost at least 20 pounds in those 2 months

• Zoe, your bust went up two sizes? If you publicize that fact, half the young women in the world are going to be asking for kale and vita mixes for christmas. plastic surgeons will lose money while pomegrante farmers rake it in.

I lost a lot my first couple of months - went from around 142 to 118. Now I'm mostly but far from completely raw, and I'm back at around 126. (I'm 5'6 and fairly muscular/curvy).

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

I lost about 10 pounds in the first month and over the last year i've lost 20-25 pounds total with about 10-15 left to go. It does come off very slowly for me, so i wouldn't be discouraged by my only losing 20 pounds in a year. I hardly ever eat nuts or seeds and i try to not do much to my food. My body is just stubborn :) Good luck to you! I hope you find the right path with raw foods.

• I lost absolutely nothing in my first month. However, I have not weighed myself since then. Going on about 4 months varying from 90-100% raw. I never wanted to lose weight though, maybe a few pounds only. I haven't really been working out very much, so I'm sure if I did, I would certainly lose weight or at least develop more muscle than I have now.

It's funny that Zoe said her bust size went up - mine didn't go up, but i lost 25 pounds and nothing was lost on my bust! Odd how that works since most SAD dieters will lose their bust first!

• DagnyTaggart, you are hilarious.

I had a totally crapped-out thyroid when I started on raw, and it wasn't even a particularly huge change from how I was already eating, and even so, I lost 10 pounds a month for the first 2 months and it's slowly crept down little by little ever after, which I think is pretty darned impressive, considering the sorry state of my thyroid, which is doing quite well now, by the way.

I'd been gaining weight steadily for a good year despite having always been quite on the thin side previously and eating a good veggie based diet and getting a fair amount of exercise, due to my thyroid dying on me, so to start losing weight like that all of a sudden was an amazing relief.

I started losing right away, too, within the first week.

• I never religiously watched my weight, but just by drinking green smoothies for about 6 months I went from 148 to about 123 (on a 5'4" frame). After that I went 90% raw and lost about 5 more lbs. BTW, lost a few inches in the bust, much to the dismay of my hubby.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i don't know how much in the first month because i didn't weigh myself until a month after i was raw. i was too scared. but my pants were much loser. at least 7-10 pounds. i've lost 30 pounds in over 6 months raw. keep at it!

janemm
  • steviostevio Raw Newbie

I lost about 12 pounds in the first month, and 35 in the first 14 weeks (which is where I am now). Previous to this, I had lost 30 pounds between January and the end of august just getting on a more wholefood iet, bringing me to 65 for the year so far. Hoping for 10 more by Jan 1, that will be my halfway point.

janemmcodyreignTheFastedPlant
  • superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

None. I was already fit and muscular to begin with.

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I probably only lost about 10 pounds or less.. but I went from a size 8 to a 4 or sometimes 2

• internettouristinternettourist Raw Newbie

None

I had a lot of ugly cellulite to lose; and I have lost a lot of cellulite.

janemm

I've also noticed a loss of cellulite! Yay!

codyreignTheFastedPlant
  • ServeItUpRawServeItUpRaw Raw Newbie

I've been 100% Raw for 20 days now, and I've lost 13 pounds and I haven't started exercising yet. I eat a variety that does include nuts, seeds, and avocados when I can find good ones. I've been making sweet raw treats for my kids and eating them too. To me this just proves that I'm finally giving my body what it needs and it can now take care of getting healthy. I seem to be slimming down every where but in my breasts, which is fine with me since I was never that large there.

codyreign
  • I started eating 75% RAW in March weighing 121 lbs and wearing size 4-5 pants. Lost 10 lbs in the first month or so. By June I was down to 101 lbs and looking nearly anorexic, sunken face, bone-y, etc. I saw a picture of myself and decided that I needed to eat some more coconut oil, avocados, and nuts. Been steadily gaining weight back since September. Am back to 120 lbs but fit into 0s,1s,and 2s but my face is full again. Basically exchanged fat for muscle weight. I've also grown an inch in the past year, was 5'2" and am now 5'3", which is somewhat surprising since I'm almost 19. I've also been exercising off and on since march and currently exercising 3-4 times a week with yoga 2-3 times a week. And I actually played on an intramural volleyball team which was really exciting because this time last year I was writhing in pain diagnosed with fibromyalgia. My hand-eye coordination is much improved.

:) Grateful!

• i lost about 20, but it wasent a totally balanced diet im working on gaining 5 then ill be in the low average range

• rawgypsy7rawgypsy7 Raw Newbie

When i first went raw i was 186 lbs (5'8"). I lost 20 lbs in the first month, probably because i ate no grains and was very strict 100% raw. I have been more or less 100% for 18 months and have lost a total of 40 lbs. I had lost 45, but this thanksgiving i treated myself to a binge of whatever i wanted and that lasted a few days. I'm waiting for my weight to settle back down closer to 140 but it seems to bounce between 140 and 145 depending on my water weight. I want to be in the 140 range as i have a lot of muscle on me from yoga and start feeling too skinny when i get below 140.

it took a really long time to lose any more weight after the initial 20 lbs. I remember staying at 165 for about 6 or 7 months. When i started losing again, it wasn't because of anything i was doing different, my body just decided to let some more fat go. I went from 28% body fat to about 22%. My goal is to be at about 20-21% but no less cuz i look best with some curvy soft parts.

TammiTruecodyreign
  • gnpollardgnpollard Raw Newbie

I combined eating raw foods with drinking kombucha and riding my bicycle everyday instead of using my car. I biked about 200 miles/week (which is not hard if you have a good road bike), and ate all I wanted of raw foods.

If you start feeling seriously deprived of energy - especially if you are doing this for weight loss, not health benefits - eat an avocado with one tablespoon of raw honey.

I dropped 15 pounds my first week, and a consistent 10 pounds a week for nearly a month. I went from 210 pounds back down to 155 like I should be at 5'5".

Raw pistachios are also your friend. Watching fat intake is not nearly as important as watching carb intake. If your fat sources are natural, like avocados, pistachios, cashews, etc., your body will not be apt to store it. But the moment you start indulging carbs, you're in trouble.

If you crave something sweet or something that is not so routine, try Lara Bars. They're an excellent way to curb desert cravings, but take it easy. I know of several "raw foodies" who just eat Lara Bars all day and it does only marginal good.

Good luck! It's tough for the first week or so, but it gets so much easier once you feel incredible all the time, sleep better, never get sick, look great, and can concentrate like you're on Adderall. 

TammiTrueBucha Belly
  • CatherineRCatherineR Raw Superstar

I'm 5'7. When I went vegan 12 years ago (and was subsequently raw because I didn't know what was and wasn't vegan), I went from 135-ish to 120. Even today my range has generally stayed from 120-130. I've been as low as 115 and as high as 135, but never for too long on either extreme. 

As for eating nuts, I looooove fats. So much. When 8/1/1 came out I tried it and felt awful. Maybe it works for some, but I was not a fan. I don't know why we as an already-small community keep fracturing it into so many different sects but I find it unfortunate.

ClaireTBucha Belly
  • codyreigncodyreign Raw Newbie

I started doing 100% raw vegan diet about 3 weeks ago and I have lost 26lbs and no longer suffer from bloat. I eat as much fruit or vegetables as I want and trust my cravings. Some days I will desire only fruit and feel sick when I think of vegetables and others its reverse or mixed. I'm 5'10 and started weighing in at 210lbs and am now at 184lbs. When I started I had a desire to rid myself of bloat, but was more interested in the health benefits and facing the fact that shopping for pre-packaged meat was not an acceptable solution for my inability to kill an animal with my own hands. The reason I am able to stick with this life style is because I have more than one motivator and its extremely fulfilling for me to exercise such self discipline.  I want to be a responsible human being that uses the minimal hectares of land/food/water so that I might do my part in preventing starvation in the world. 

I went cold turkey from beer, caffeine, meat, sugar, table salt(I get sodium from coconuts etc.), and anything else not raw. The first week caused me to be sick, but I knew what to expect and pressed through the migraines and missed a couple days of work over it. Week two I had no more headaches or nausea, but the cravings where very strong. On week three, I still want a cal-zone with warm sugary marinara, but my desire to be a better human is much stronger than my cravings.

ClaireTTheFastedPlantBucha Belly
  • Muadibe13Muadibe13 Raw Newbie

I have been vegan since the last week of Jan 2018...I weighed 245 for about the past 25 years, eating whatever I wanted. When I eliminated the animal products from my diet, I began to drop weight, eating as much as I wanted(seeds, nuts, fruits, veggies, hummus, cereal with almond milk, and lots of water). 6 weeks later, I am at 227 and still dropping(without working out at all). I feel great and don't crave meat or cheese any longer, especially since there are so many good vegan substitutes out there. I am grateful for all of the online and local support here in El Paso! This will be a lifestyle for me, from now on.

ClaireT
  • jenl6jenl6 Raw Newbie
    Originally, I started cutting out certain meat and fast food beginning January of this year. I was on heavy migraine medication for 15 yrs which went away after cleaning out. Then I would go off and on raw, vegetarian, vegan for years but then go back to meat. This is my 3rd week and am already down 12 lbs. Like a lot said, my bust hasn't gone down. I'm still 32 DD. I'm 5"5. I do body building so most of the weight is muscle. I tell people I'm Vegantarian. I don't eat eggs, but I do still eat butter and cheese. I also am not withholding bread and "some" fried veggie chicken. I think if I went fully Vegan, it may even be more weight lost but I'm happy with my progress. I'm losing between 3 to 4 lbs a week. I'm also became re-certified as a personal trainer so I know when the unhealthy weight lost is happening. I'm in a happy place finally, so it's all good!! This is a lifestyle I want to adapt for the rest of my life so yay for me and all of us!
    ClaireT