Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Need Ideas

Good Morning everyone -

I bought a dehydrator from Alissa's site a few weeks back maybe - my mom took it over her BF house to make up some things for me with Alissa's book and some recipes I got off internet...she made fruit leathers which came out awesome and I am going to go over tomorrow and throw in some fried onion rings.....she will be home (our apt) next week - was wondering if anybody had any simple & tasty ideas or recipes that are very basic and simple to make - been alittle bored with the same food I am eating which is my fault but need to make some things and have them stored and ready for me...so if anyone has any ideas or recipes they may have come up with please post them - it would be greatly appreciated.

I have come SO far since Sept 2nd - losing 35 pounds, going to gym 4-5 days a week, losing inches galore, feeling so much healthier, getting around better due to arthritis in knees, blood thinner went down twice and stayed there, walked all over NH with mother and some women on shopping trip - never could do all the walking and shopping due to SO much and the arthritis in knees hurt SO bad...but did it all and was excited due to been going on this trip for the past 5 years and this year was the only time I could do it all....so all the health ailments switching over is amazing...now just waiting for thyroid to get better and meds decrease right Lucy

Thanks everyone for your help as always

Sandy

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

A really easy and tasty treat is flax crackers. They are so simple too. Just soak flaxseeds, mix them with a little salt, garlic and spread them on the dehydrator trays. It is nigh on impossible to mess it up. I'd put about 1/2 tablespoon of salt in 3 cups of flax, and 2-3 cloves of garlic. Then you can make some marinaded mushrooms, take some good mushrooms like chestnuts mushrooms, rub some salt on them, then crush garlic and rub that all over them, drizzle oil over them and leave them for a few hours. They go like fried garlic mushrooms, then you can put them on your flax crackers and it is delicious, like eating garlic mushrooms on toast.

I also love to dehydrate cherry tomatoes about half way, they taste beautiful like that just on their own.

• rawlizardrawlizard Raw Newbie

Make some awesome granola! is the best snack, breakfast dinner...especially with the nana milk from this site.

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

Matt Amsdens Onion Bread (Kandace has the altered recipe on here and it is divine!!!!). Make an extra batch - trust me! You must like onions, though! Also, soak some almonds for a day or so and rinse them really well. Sprinkle with whatever seasonings you like and then dehydrate for a day or so. I personally like them sweet and spicy - agave or date paste with some garlic, onion and a little cayenne. Throw in some lime juice too and they're amazing! If you want something sweet, take some sweetener of choice (agave, honey, date paste, etc...) and some cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg and make a nice glaze for either pumpkin seeds or walnuts. I like to make more of a bark - sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and maybe some chopped up nuts, but usually i stick with the seeds. Yum!!!

• Thank you all SO much - great ideas :)

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

Try the crazy bread crackers on this site. They are easy and fantastic. I always keep a big bag of them around. One thing, if you do decide to make them, I substitute fresh tomato for the sundried and I store them in the fridge, they get crunchier that way. My very sad friend asked if I would start making them to sell! They aren't my recipe, so I can't take credit, but can definitely recommend them.

• Blend 2 bananas and spread on the dehydrator and you'll have a banana leather.Just delicious!!!

• Oh yeah, banana leathers are great fun to make and then to make a creamy fruit filling. I love crispy kale in the drier.

• try karen's knowler's "fried" mushrooms.

they are yummy yummy yummy.

i think it's a simple recipe

mushrooms

olive oil

shoyu

garlic

but, you could look her up on you tube. i use her video's ALOT.

take care! have fun with your dehydrator. i, too, seem to be making a lot of the same recipes. variety is key. it's paramount.