Carb craving advice?

Hi. I've been having a lot of carb cravings, lately. Any advice?

Comments

• So, I'm craving focaccia bread and stuff like that. I don't know if I'm missing an important nutrient. I read a great book a few years back called Rawsome. The author explained what cravings meant what the body needs. I have some raw crackers on hand. But, it's really that doughy texture and taste in freshly baked bread that I'm craving today.

What do ya'll do when a similar craving enters?

• gourmet_auteur - I was a bread addict before raw!! but i've discovered for myself that If I eat TONS of fruit throughout the day (mainly what I eat all day with a huge salad at dinner), that totally satisfies me where I don't even have cravings anymore for bread. Fruit is loaded with carbs. Maybe try eating more fruit daily.

• Raw bread!

Here's my favorite recipe, if you have a dehydrator:

http://goneraw.com/recipe/onion-bread

If you don't have a "D," you should think about getting one if you can swing it financially. It opens up a whole new world and you can make all kinds of "cooked" seeming things that can help avert cravings.

I'm sure others will come along with some other great suggestions for you soon. :-)

• love both of ya'll's input.

i've been looking on ebay and craigslist for an excalibur dehydrator. and come to think of it -- i've been eating more greens than fruits. tomorrow i'm going to eat lots more fruits. i love, love fruits, anyway.

thanx again for the input!

i'll be sure to make that bread recipe this week.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

strong cravings for things like bread are not signifying what the body needs. it's more of an addiction type thing. you could be looking for the feeling you get after you eat carbs. are you low on energy or depressed?

• i workout; 2 hours walking and an hour on the ellipticial.

i'm good on energy. not depressed, either. but, i feel that i'm addicted to food. so, maybe this is new for my body -- not to be eating so many of the processed foods and carbs. thanx for the input.

by the way, my first day of transitioning to 80% raw was oct. 26th 2008. maybe some old habits are dying (slowly).