Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Ask me how I lost 56 lbs with raw eating

When embarking upon my journey with eating raw, I never knew how I would feel, along with the results in my health I would receive. When I started out 6mos. ago I was not totally raw. For about 3mos. I was a vegetarian eating cooked foods. But since then I have become a raw foodist 95% of the time with a enourmous appetite for exercise.

I evaluate my changes once or twice a week by weighing myself and measuring my gurth, also by checking my vital signs. I had blood pressure readings of 180/100, 182/92, pulse readings were horrible also 92 and 97 beats, but since my conscious eating of raw and exercise. I am happy to report as of my last reading on this morning was 114/72 with a pulse of 72 beats. I feel awesome on this journey and look forward to keep soaring!!

Comments

• Wow! That is awesome!! Congratulations. I've only been at it a couple months and am looking forward to seeing great changes in my body.

One cool thing I noticed is that I heal quicker from injuries. I was walking by my mini trampoline last week and kicked it with my little toe and within a couple days the pain/swelling/black and blue was almost gone. Before raw it used to take like two weeks to heal. Also, I somehow injured my knee months ago to the point I could barely walk on it and I dealt with it like that for a couple months. But within a week of going raw I could walk on it again. I hurt the same knee again a few weeks ago and this time the pain and swelling only lasted a day.

Do you ever experience things like that?

• Hi Rawcloud,

No, I haven't had any experiences like that, but it sounds like you heal fast, and I believe that is because if you put the right nutrients in your body, the body will heal itself. Sounds as though you are giving it the right nutrients. I don't know if you are feeding your body Barley Greens, but if not it is a wonderful nutrient for the body. I use Barley Max. Just stick with it and you will see GREAT results. I still have a ways to go. I currently weigh 195 lbs. and seek to reach 104 lbs. I'm very short so therefore weight shows up easily on me. So stay tuned and keep in touch!!!

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Congratulations! ?You have come a long way. :)

• Thank you so very much for the push. You know, it is nice to know that people are interested in good news. I am still on the journey, please continue to check back with me often for updates. As you know, there are several transitions to change. Patience is the main ingredients for any success. I strive for healthy kale greens, and veggies and I have become more aware of seasonings for raw food. One of my suggestions for all readers of this blog, please don't be afraid to experiment with spices, herbs and vegetables!!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

good for you!

• bitt,

It so great to have viewers like you....thanks:)))

• that's wonderful!

everybody around you must be inspired!!!!

yes, it's great to read info like this.

• pearjoypearjoy Raw Newbie

Marinated Greens, congratulations! I am a huge fan of celery, organic lettuce, spinach, arugula and organic spring mix. I stay away from sweet fruit but I liberally use coconut oil (South Pacific organic extra virgin) and olive oil with a bit of salt and different herbs. I feel satiated and my blood sugar remains stable when I liberally use fats with veggies. This makes my skin flawless and glowing and the weight comes off easiy. I can easily over eat without enough fats! I avoid most fruit due to sugar content.

• Hi MG,

One of my goals with making these dietary changes is a reduction in my girth(smile). I am wondering if you would share your program and how it went along for you. I started a raw plan last year about this time, but I failed. I felt the benefits I did receive from the last try were worth giving myself a chance at it again. I felt quite well and had much more energy in general.

I don't have any blood pressure elevations, though my pulse is less than ideal, as well as my blood sugar number, and I am NOT sleeping as well as I did- I just feel thick, sluggish....and my outlook isn't good. I'm looking for ways to make the transition go a smoother. I want these changes become lasting improvements in my health and the quality of my life. Enough blah-blah. What did you do?

• Raw_OrleansRaw_Orleans Raw Newbie

If I am Not mistake 120 over 80 (120/80) is like the optimum for blood pressure reading...???

• Hi bodymyrgth,

Thank you for taking time out to read my forum and to write back.

Here are my steps that I used in my diet:

I started eating 50/50: cooked and raw.

I ate alot of grilled fish with a raw side dish. (My favorite was Tuna steak), but I included a wide variety of fish. I sometimes ate the fish by not cooking it over the grill, just squeezing lime juice over it, and keeping it in the fridge for a couple of hours and let the acid from the lime cook it. My husband and I started walking just in our neighborhood. I noticed I slept better that night and my snoring had reduced!! So I was on a high from that, so I walked the next day, and ate the same thing. I sprinkled psyllium husk on my raw greens, and drank alot of water. As a variety in my meal menus here's one of the things I ate, baked lamb and ground turkey, including grilled or baked asparagus with a baked sweet potatoes. I added raw brcolli to almost anything and everything. For desert occassionally if I craved it: it was dates with raw and sometimes cooked cashew nuts. Then, I started incorporating each week more and more raw foods. I am still eating cooked beans and spinach (raw and cooked). There's so much more to this journey beside the above menu that I gave you, but it's a sample of what I did. But it's still a journey and I am getting there, but I feel a whole lot better than I did just eating all cooked.

As a side note, I am not a doctor, but I would like to share some supplemental things I include in my routine.

I consume a powdered green drink every morning along with a couple of tablespoon of Noni juice without flavoring. During the mid morning or afternoon I drink a Kombach Organic (Multi-green) drink. I also drink alkaline water.

It sounds as though you are detoxing. One of the labels of the above item , states if detoxificaion is uncomfortable reduce the dosage. Toxins are Reintroduced into your blood stream, use distilled water when detoxing. Detoxifing can be uncomfortable, but once you get over it, it will be worth the suffering. Drink plenty of water and stay with it....

Keep in touch to keep me updated