Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

High Fruit vs. High Fat?

zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

Which do you think is better? High fruit WITH high fats gives me indigestion... High fruit seems to give me lots of energy. I heard high fat and greens is good for detox. What do you recommend?

I apparently have developed really bad IBS in the last year possibly from toxicity and have given up on eating for a while because of constipation. I will be doing mostly some version of fasting till that gets better (master cleanse right now). It makes no sense I eat healthier than everyone else but feel sicker...

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

On any cleansing diet fats should be eaten in very small amounts and fruit should be the highest priority. Eat lots of greens and fruit and your indigestion will subside.

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

hun, if the answer was to eat lots of greens and fruits my problem would have subsided 6 months ago.

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

I feel for you, I've had major IBS issues in the past and although overall much better I still really have to watch what I eat and never 100% what won't trigger my GI to revolt on me. For me it was part thryoid/medical issues but mainly diet. I do better with more veggies, some fruit but also some fats. Lol, doesn't really answer your question except I think somewhere in between the 2 extremes works best plus you need to keep track and find out what your body responds to the most.

For me, nuts and grains effect me the worst when it comes to GI. I can do small amounts of seeds but not many in a day. Not sure it is because of their fat(I can do avocado and raw dairy without issue) but something in them I do react to so need to limit them.

Good luck, I hope you figure it out!!

PS - I have found for the constipation that coconut water helps me

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

flax seeds help constipation for me.

• pearjoypearjoy Raw Newbie

I have problems with sugar. I just don't believe it is good for you. My teeth feel disgusting after any fruit. Defintely high fat for me (olive oil and coconut oil). The most satisfying meal for me is dried dill, a pinch of salt, liberal olive oil and celery or organic lettuce.

Edit: I do live in a cold climate, I have Native American blood lines as well, so I just don't think I was meant for a lot of sweet fruits.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

A balance of sweet fruits, non sweet fruits, fats and greens seems to work best long term.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

A balance of sweet fruits, non sweet fruits, fats and greens seems to work best long term.

• hi zinfandel.

i notice i can do high fruit OR fats but a combo is deadly so in the summer i go for the fruit and in the winter i go for the fat

have you had a stool analysis??

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

No stool analysis. I started drinking wheatgrass and for some reason prunes work 1,000 times better than any of the other million things I've tried. Who'da thought... Sorry its totally gross but the last year of my life was almost ruined by my digestive system seemingly giving up on me. I'm a huge advocate of prunes now (in secret not publicly). Also, wheatgrass is amazingly anti-inflammatory and makes me feel great.

I wonder what a doctor would have thought of my situation as I was eating tons of of fiber and tried every combination of things under the sun, then it all came down to prunes being the answer. Golly gee talk about anti-climactic.

I'm trying to lose a bit of weight (like 5 lbs) so it's out with the fat for now for me.

Thanks for showing concern :) I was feeling really quite sick for a while. Prunes rock!

Sincerely,

Z