Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

The Amazing Liver & Galbladder Cleanse

2»

Comments

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

You guys are so inspiring! I think this is just the push I need to do a cleanse, too. Thanks for sharing your stories!

Marichiesa, I’m interested in which cleanse you did, too.

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

Well lets see…I guess I passed about a hundred stones.I am really curious to see if more move forward in the next cleanse. My diet has been really great for a few years now but my liver has been through the ringer from meds and steroid shots for a crummy back injury ( NO more shots tho’ Yuck! ) I was surprised some were as large as they were! I’m talking large pea/small pistachio size. Today some were still moving out but it is lessening although I’m continuing to feel really good!

I did the cleanse from www.thelifetree.com/livercleanse.htm

Happy Cleansing!

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

Thanks, Marichiesa! I’m just about to start a colon/parasite cleanse, so I’ll follow that with this one!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Marichiesa thank you so much, I will do that cleanse too. I am really surprised that they stuff is still coming out, I can’t wait!

• Hi- This seems like it would do a body good but is it for real? I looked at the pictures and they are really groos. I showed them to my boyfriend and he thought it was kind of weird like there was some trick to it. Has anyone had an ultrasound before and after to show that the stones were really there beforehand and gone after. It seems like that stuff is epsome salts which would turn into rocks and come out after being crystalized in the body. When people are looking at a big long snake-like thing coming out of them how is it all stuck together and is it bentonite or some other gel that they have ingested that sticks together like that. I had to fast for three days and drink a gallon of really nasty stuff before being endoscopied and nothing like that ever came out and they didn’t see anything. I am wondering if I should go back to the Dr. and ask them if I should do something like a cleanse or what they think of the pictures. If I had stones I would like to get rid of them.

Hi writeeternity,

The short answer to your question is..I can’t prove its “real” but my gut (no pun intended) tells me it is. I’m well educated, not overly gullible and balance an open mind with a healthy dose of skepticism.

The objects that I’ve eliminated via the cleanse look EXACTLY like what is in the med pics of gallstones in the gallbladder.

They were not calcified like salts and they did not look gelatinous like congealed olive oil and lemon.

Is it possible that the matter is congealed olive oil/lemon covered with bile? Sure that’s possible. But its also possible that its the real deal. You know the saying ” If you hear hoofbeats don’t assume its a zebra? ” or if it looks like a duck…? :)

My search on the web has unearthed only two “scientific” challenges to this cleanse. Both were clearly exposes based on hearsay and untested by the authors. The authors were also confused in their understanding of how the cleanse is administered.

Would a traditional allopathic doc advocate this? Maybe. Maybe not. Most will probably chuckle and say it won’t hurt. I’d be curious to see if anyone would analyse a stone and compare it to one removed out of a surgical liver/gallbladder removal.

If you are looking for reassurance from an MD on this one I suspect it will be a long time in coming. How many docs out there are trained to understand how raw foods can help heal a body? Hehehehhehe!!!

Footnote: I’ve had upper back pain on my left side for 6 weeks or so. Since Sat.’s cleanse it is gone. Reportedly, symptoms from a toxic liver can manifest as back pain…..

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Writeeternity – One doctor did an experiment with this cleanse. He coloured the olive oil red with beetroot juice, when the stones came out they were red on the outside but when he cut them open they were not red on the inside proving that they were for real.I think that is on Shazzie’s website.

The stringy hose type stuff you see on the gross photos is mucoid plaque. This is not removed by this cleanse but others like ejuva etc, which target the intestines. Eating a long term raw food diet will also gradually dissolve it, slowly though so you won’t really notice yourself pooing a hose out or anthing!

As soon as you eat cooked food the body creates musuc to protect itself from the cooked food. When you are 100% and eat something cooked you know about this coz the first thing that happens is your nose starts running, the same thing goes on in your intestines too. This does not happen with raw food. This mucus builds up and creates a hose type thing in our guts. All of this is in Victoria Boutenko’s book 12 teps to raw food. and many other books too.

I have fatsed for 7 days and not had any gak come out either. You can stay raw for a long time for it to gradually dissolve naturally, or do a cleanse. The most effective I have heard of personally is the Ejuva which is pretty expensive, but gets great results and it is raw.

• Please note that all the recipes for a liver/gallbladder cleanse say you should do a parasite and kidney cleanse first.

• devittlesdevittles Raw Newbie

Actually David Jubb recommends that you do the gallbladder liver flush as many times as necessary until you are stone free, before you begin the parasite flush.

• Dagny- how did the liver and gall bladder cleanse go?

I was in SF for 2 weeks in June and thought about you, shopped at Wholefoods on 3rd and had lunch x3 and Cafe Gratitude on 20th and Harrison. I really wanted to meet some raw folks while there.

I went to a conference up near Tahoe at the beginning of June and there were 2 raw fooders there…anyway, love your city. :) I am about to embark on a 10 day master cleanse to tune my body and will try the liver gall bladder cleanse afterwards. Best of luck and keep us posted.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Hey Zoe, I believe you when you say you don’t take your cat as an accessory or toy. I just feel sorry for some of the cats on that website because they have so much things put on them. I have put a tie (which was for cats) on my cat before and it was so cute and of course he took it off. My little kitten lucky is crazy. He running around every where and gets into everything. He has the most cutest look too.

Thanks you Marichiesa for responding.
  • ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Hi Josec, glad to hear Lucky is doing so well :) I didn’t know you could get ties for cats!

Well Chris and I did the deed yesterday and did this liver/gall cleanse thing, the same one Marichiesa did. The fasting was great- no problem, we both loved the grapefruit juice at first, but it did get a bit much. I think it is going to be a long time before I have any of that again!

The epsom salts went down fine, but made me feel like I was going to puke up a few minutes after.

The oil and grapefruit juice tasted like thick grapefruit juice. I felt really like I was going to be sick after I had it. I had to do everything I could not to, coz you just have to keep the stuff down. Chris was fine though, no problem with any of it at all.

And then this morning it was like a waterfall coming out of my bottom. I really have never experienced anything quite like it. It was quite a shock! And there were lots and lots of green stones floating there too. It was hard to look though as I was feeling very nauseas and didn’t want to throw up! This has gone on all day now, a seemingly endless waterfall from my bottom, I am amazed, I mean, where does it all come from??!!

Chris had stones come out, big ones too. He thought he would increase the epsom salts next time he does it. And I thought I’d reduce the salts if I do it again!

I have felt really drained today and not like eating at all, the thought of food is turning my stomach at the moment.

I am sure it has done me a lot of good, it must have done coz of the stuff that came out, yuk! I just feel a bit weird today after all of this, I am sure I’ll feel great tomorrow. Chris didn’t feel like throwing up, or weird in any way, he is as strong as an ox! His eyes got lighter in colour straight away.

Hey Zoe!

Congratulations to you and Chris! You did it. And it sounds like it was successful too. Icky but worthwhile. ;-) The eye color thing is cool huh? I’m actually going to do the cleanse again at the end of this week. Cheers.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Hey Zoe! The tie is really old and it was velcro I don’t know if they have them anymore, it is hard to find stuff for cats.

You had too much salt. I had the same experience when i did the salt water flush for the master cleanse. I used 2 tbls instead of 2 tsp and I Had the waterfall out of my but also. I felt better once everything was out late the next day but the the day I did it, I was drained and nauseous I am suprised I didn’t vomit.

I did one gallbladder cleanse that didn’t work. The only that worked was I was miserable and couldn’t sleep because it felt like I had a circus in my stomach, I felt nauseous all day. I couldn’t even eat at all the next day but no stones. I was thinking if I would try a different one. The one I did didn’t require the salt. It was one where you drink apple juice and then drink the oil on the fourth day with grapefruit juice or lemon juice.

I hope you feel better.

• Hi I have to say your stories are quite amazing. I have had serious pain in my stomach area continuously for the past couple of years. I have had an endoscopy after fasting for three days and only drinking a jug of stuff they prescribed for me. I also had an ultrasound. Basically they didn’t say anything was wrong. I really think they could have missed something but how could they? ANyway I would like to try something like described above but I feel like I may have something seriously wrong with my galbladder or pancreas. Because these organs respond negatively to oil I don’t know what would happen- or could happen- could I go into shock and have to go to the emergency room? Has anyone heard of precautions regarding this?

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Hi Everyone, yes I think I had too much salt. That was what made me feel so sick. I feel much better now, but have had no appetite at all since the cleanse.

writeeternity i haven’t heard of any precautions around this cleanse. When you say your organs respond negatively to oil, what actually happens?

Maybe you’d be better off doing a different whole body cleanse like Ejuva – that is expensive but there are cheaper versions of it I think.

• Hi Zoe thanks for the info. I am going to look into it further. I just know that eating a lot of oil can lead to a gallbladder attack. My mom had to have hers removed and wouldn’t have lived based on how bad it was. (the dr. here wouldn’t do surgery so she had to call an old Dr. friend of hers who worked at the Mayo clinic in Minnesota and she had emergency surgery that night after flying up there in excruciating pain!)

The main symptom is having to run to the bathroom after eating anything with a lot of oil in it and having pain- like a stabbing burning pain under my ribcage. But like I said I have a lot of stomach pain(not sure if it’s in my stomach) off and on again- it’s hard to keep track of. I have also been tested and had high levels of normetanephrins. They thought I may have a pheochromcytoma and I had a radioactive scan to check called an octreoscan. Nothing came up but that doesn’t mean there isn’t something going on. Anyway it all sounds very complicated but all of that (the procedures) was a couple years ago.

But the gallbladder thing hits women in mid life and it can become septic. I had a nurse at the hospital tell me that she thought I would feel a lot better if I had it removed and a tech doing the ultra sound that what she saw was horrible. I told the Dr. but he said they had no right to tell me that- he probably thought I was lying- I don’t know – it’s like the twilight zone.

The other thing that happened was we had a dog die and it happened after the holidays. My mom fed him a lot of turkey skin and I always though it was severe pancreatitis but the Dr. couldn’t confirm it because an autopsy would have been expensive. I had to carry him back in the house because he was standing outside frozen in pain. He weighed about 70lbs and was pure muscle before that.

But vegetable oil may be different- but it also may be the same. I am going to ask one of the Dr.s out here but I really don’t have a lot of faith in them right now.

Writeeternity,

I hope you start to feel better. I wish I knew more about the cleanse with a pre-existing bad gallbladder condition. I would do a little more research before I let anyone take out my gallblader! I knoooooow docs say we don’t need it. But are they sure? Really? I’m kind of thinking that the universe knew what it was doing when it provided us with a gallbladder…....Interestingly enough the other day out of the blue I got a e-newsletter about gallbladders from the website www.womentowomen.com. Check it out if you can. Its a great site.

• Hi Marichiesa! Thanks for the kind words! I will look into the information on that site. It looks very comprehensive.

• Zoe, what did you do to fast? Did you just juice fast prior for a few days???

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Hi Little Mango, no I didn’t fast. I just ate normally. Which is 100% raw, and not very much any way at the moment. Not much fat and lots of fruit. I didn’t think I needed to fast. I fast one day a week anyway as well.

• I’ve gotta do this cleanse! My mother had gallstones the size of small marbles and she’s had them surgically removed. This is really great! I think I’m gonna try and do it this weekend! Thanks guys!