new raw veggie foody (indian) in germany

hi, i'm just all new to this.

started to eat raw food around a week and a half ago and find it easier than i first thought, but still hard to find variations of food and ideas of what to prepare, etc. i thought i would have to quit on indian food, but i found roshi's pages and love them!! so i'll stick with indian food anyways :-) hehe

still, in december i will fly to arizona and i wanted to ask if anyone knows any good stores around there ... also whyoming i will be going. would appreciate if someone had hints for places where to buy food etc.

thanx so much in advance

Comments

• Where in AZ will you be? I live in Phoenix.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

hi there, I'll be interested in your recipes, I love Indian Food. I just put all the spices I used to use in cooked curry in my raw curries, I prefer the raw versions. It is just so brilliant to eat raw curry in the winter, it is so warming. Nice to meet you here!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

hi there, I'll be interested in your recipes, I love Indian Food. I just put all the spices I used to use in cooked curry in my raw curries, I prefer the raw versions. It is just so brilliant to eat raw curry in the winter, it is so warming. Nice to meet you here!

• aimeeaimee Raw Newbie

Hi teena,

I'm in Germany. In Berlin. Where are you at? I'm just starting raw foods and have to slowly incorperate. I've known about it for years, but can't seem to get going.

• hi aimee,

i also live in berlin :-))) way in the south of berlin.

well, i'm pretty much motivated as i lost 4 kg already and it has not even been two weeks. i suppose, the first 5 or so kg will be water anyway, but ... its gone, no matter what it was :-)) i have a friend who has done raw food for over a year now and its helping her so much. actually i found the food tastes much better than i thought earlier :-))) my first recipe i sort of "invented" (its not 100% raw i believe):

take warm water and make an instant veggie broth,

in the broth stir some couscous. this should soak

up all of the liquid.

add some raw veggies (i chose carrot stick (julliene),

zucchini sticks, leek rings, broccoli, cauliflower

and tomato cubes.

add about a tsp of green pesto.

add some pine nuts, pumkin seeds and flex.

actually it reminds me of taboul

• hey rawgirl,

i'll be around phoenix actually :-)))

will be staying there all december.

• hi zoe,

yes, i also love indian food.

when i first thought about changing to raw food, the eventual loss

of indian food was the first thing that came to my mind. it was devestating!

i hadn't even started my changing when i started to search for indian raw food, never thinking this would be possible. and then i found http://roshis.com/ :-)) thanx guys!!!! this is actually where i find my recipes. hope this will help you!! :-))