Hello from Kansas

Hello! I am glad to be here, I have been enjoying the site for about 6 months and I finally found the time to join. I have tried going raw but I keep relapsing when my husband brings cheese puffs and keeblers into the house. I have always been one for eating healthy, but the junk food is soooo temping. I am making some of those lemon macaroons and the fudge to keep on hand when the cravings hit.

The site is great and everyone seems so helpful to each other. Too bad someone can’t stop buy and pry the keebler wedding cookies out of my hand!

Comments

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Hello and welcome! I just had to tell ya that I love the name, that’s great! It’s always interesting to see what kind of screen names people come up with! Oh and once you make some raw “junk food”, those Keeblers don’t stand a chance! ha ha! Good luck to you :-)

• coconutty, thank you for the reply! I was hoping that my raw sweet treats would be good enough to help me through! I can eat raw all day long and then that darn little hooker Little Debbie calls my name. I can eat raw meals all day and then I relapse. 1 day at a time!

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Haaaaaaaaaa! (darn little hooker) That was great! Yeah, I tend to have the same problem… I can do good all day long but when it comes dinner time and I have to cook for the husband, yikes! That’s when all the cravings hit me. These stupid tortilla chips that I have to keep on hand for my husband ALWAYS call my name, and they never shut up!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

• hey ya’ll i am from kansas also, my weakest time is in the morning, i just hate breakfast time. when I was strickly SAD I always knew if I ate a big breakfast I wouldn’tb hungry most of the day. but raw I just can’t find what I want to eat, I like fruit but prefer vegies. I just want to get tummy full so won’t want to snack all day long. I am fine the rest of the day. And has any of u tried the onion bread in the dehydrator yet it is OMG to die for. But I wish I knew a way to turn it in to a cinnamon type bread. humm well let me know where everyone is from in kansas, I am out bu dodge city. sure would be nice to have some others out here. also.

• Hi Raw-men Noodles, Welcome! I’m impressed at how many Kansas people there are on here! I’m in Kansas City. It does make it more difficult when there is junk food in the house. I made up some bannana “ice cream” that hits the spot for me when the cravings hit. I blended up a whole bunch of bannanas, 2 Tablespoons of coconut butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon and stuck it in the freezer. Watermelon also helps me when I’m having a sugar craving, (but it has to be cold!)

• I am in Douglass but about 20 minutes east of wichita. I love Green Acres market. It is expensive but worth it. I have been in kansas for 7 months know. I relocated here from Nashville Tennessee.

• I’m from Kansas. I spent the first 24 years of my life in Wichita and now I live in the suburbs (or country side) on the south of Kansas City.

I love how KC has a new raw restaurant (FuD located in the Bad Seed) and can see myself opening a raw food restaurant at some point in the future or providing raw food opportunities to others some how.

• I’m in Emporia, KS! How cool that there are quite a few KS raw foodies. I’ve been mostly raw for a few months now, though recently I’ve fallen off the wagon and gotten back on.

Have any of you eaten at the raw restaraunt in KC? I’d like to go sometime.

• Greetings from a fellow Kansan who is also in suburbs of Kansas City (Overland Park).