Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Anyone else not like the new setup

2»

Comments

• I love the new site. It has less of a cluttered feel. However, I wish that there was a "logout" button.

• drgonflydrgonfly Raw Newbie

Oh, my thought also. But I have a feeling that will probably be coming.

• on your homepage you'll find this:

New Feedback Link

Posted November 18, 2008 - 8:48am by kandace

We're spending an hour or two fixing up the site each day and are coming quite a long way with functionality (which is our focus before moving to the visual fixes).

You'll now see a small link on the bottom right of each page that says feedback. If you experience a bug or would like to see an addition on the current page, feel free to leave us a message there - this way we'll be sure to see it! Thanks to each of you who have already used this feature (look, recent forum posts are back in the sidebar). We are listening and are excited to be putting together a Gone Raw that will be better than ever!

Also, we are putting the finishing touches on the new add recipe feature before putting it live on the site. Hopefully, you'll find this much easier to do than before. If any of you have a recipe you've been wanting to post and are in an adventurous mood, we'd love to hear your feedback. Here is the link to add a recipe:

http://goneraw.com/node/add/recipe

Thanks for all of your help and patience!

i enjoyed many of the visuals on gone raw too

and it is apparent by the above text

that the visuals will be the LAST thing added back.

people

breathe

relax

be thankful

change happens

love...

r

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Here's a temporary logout fix:

Add the "logout" link Ray provided several days ago to your Profile. When you're ready to log out, click on your name on "Who's Around" and then click on the logout link. Problem solved. When we evolve to a more polished homepage, I figure Kandace and Ray will add this feature. In the interim, this works fine.

Here's the logout link: http://goneraw.com/logout

• I do truly appreciate the time Ray and Kandace are putting into Gone Raw. I recently used the feedback to ask how to log out/off. I used the search and found this thread... I feel silly now.

*emtpdmom* -

I missed the "logout link" Ray provided. Could you explain how I add the "logout" link to my profile? Don't mean to be computer illiterate, but I must be over looking something. For now I am just coming back to this thread and using the link you provided to logout. Thanks in advance for your help. :)

*Ray and Kandace*

Such a minor detail...I apologize for disturbing you. In comparison to what you are doing for all of us right now...it is minor. Thanks for taking the time. :) Have a Giving and Thankful Day Everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving!

• Whoa people chill! lol

Let me put it to you guys like this.

I'm an internet marketer and I can tell you now that other "raw foodists" or people who claim to be such, put sites like this together with less people, not half as decent recipes and charge $30-50 a month and people actually pay that much for this information.

I kid you not.

Ray and Kandace could easily charge a membership fee AND charge advertisers to go on here due to the volume of traffic here. In effect, this raw site is probably the biggest site out there and so has massive potential.

But being the kind people they are, they have not charged you for the pleasure of being here.

The recipes here alone would fill over 100 + books, which would cost you A LOT of money to go to Amazon and buy yourself.

Just stop and ponder on this and realize the enormous generosity displayed here.

I personally am thoroughly grateful.

• emtpdmom -

Thanks for the step by step instructions. Much appreciated!!!

Waterbaby12347 - I send thankful thoughts out to you as well. Thanks!!

Thank you both for helping!! :)

• I haven't been by in awhile and am totally disappointed.

SimplyRaw, I must give credit for this idea to Waterbaby12347. She's quite creative. She's also added the link for adding a recipe to her bio. I anticipate that we will not need these links in the future.

To add a link to your Profile:

1. Highlight and copy the link.

2. Access your profile.

3. Click

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

emtpdmom, thank you for all of your help, it is so nice that you take the time to help people through everything and to let people know that things are on the way to something great! :) It's nice to hear someone responding to people's questions in a positive way instead of a negative way. It's ok for people to ask questions, we are all here to help with questions and that is what makes goneraw such a super site. I am a firm believer that people should not be afraid to ask questions about anything, they should not have to be worried that people will judge them harshly because of a question they had posted, with so many forum topics going on each day, it's easy for answers to be embedded in another discussion...so thank you again for helping people out, you are much appreciated :)

Thank you also docrona for all of that info, it's a big help!

Rawmama, thank you for your kind words. I tell my students the only stupid question is the one they refuse to ask. As a teacher, I enjoy empowering students to seek their own answers. Hopefully the hints we've been discovering, gathering and posting will help people become more comfortable and successful in navigating the site.

Pizchuckle, I don't know how long it's been since you checked in to the site. I DO hope you will take some time to explore the new features. Obviously, Kandace and Ray are still revamping the site and have not put on the finishing touches. There are apparently a number of upgrades still to come. If navigating around the site and searching for topics and recipes is a concern, please check out this link: http://www.goneraw.com/forum/site-use-tips-and-hints. While a lot of the "glitz" is still missing, the site is now very stable, and the Advanced Search RAWks!

As Docrona said a couple of days ago:

people

breathe

relax

be thankful

change happens

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

While I appreciate all the hard work, and especially appreciate your providing this wonderful site for free...

I have to agree, I really miss the old site. The great pictures on the home page, easy accessibility to everything, the readable text, the ability to search the recipes section separately.

I hope this site is still in transition and some of those features will come back.

As someone who designs websites, I know how important feedback is. "Get with users" is the motto. So I hope Kandace and Ray will take all our comments in the spirit of community and appreciation with which they are offered.

Greenie

• i truly understand missing the beautiful photos and stuff on the old site. i am guessing a lot will come back in time in it's own new way (or old way) the site is still really functional and i found all my saved recipes i agree it's totally ok to ask any question we all have lots to learn in one way or another

i thoroughly enjoy this site and really missed it when i was not able to even get on at all. i'm thankful it's here as a resource and community. that being said i'm happy to help in any way i can. and like raw recruit stated above, there ARE people making money hosting sites less full and more blingy.

so, thanks.

love,

rona

• Yeah, I don't care for this setup, either. It makes everything harder to find.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I can appreciate everyone's position here. I was in the software business for 14 years. Whenever you replace a software product, there is always a frustration with the learning curve. This scenario presents more user challenges because unlearning what you are accustomed to and orienting yourself with a new product, especially where the feature installation is evolving, is more confusing than learning a product from scratch.

Frustration is a natural part of the process. Having been on both ends of this fact pattern, the process is more frustrating when you are installing and tweaking the software than just using it.

What I miss most, that I hope will resolve itself, is the disappearance of so many of the previously regular members that made up the GR neighborhood. Agree with them or not, it was an interesting and mostly nice mix of people.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Yes and no. I mean, I will always have troubles with a new lay-out, always. I had to teach myself to read when I was a kid, so it's not like I'm the brightest bulb in the pack.

But I have total faith in Kandace and Ray, and they're not finished with the new site, yet.

My only true problem is that the text seems very "light", and it's terrifyingly hard for me to read. However, that could just be me.

• I agree rawmama ...I miss the old gone raw home page immensely. I would click on this site several times a day to get my 'fix' of raw recipes. The home page was a haven for me ...soothing just to see it. I tried many recipes from the "favorites" pictured -- which I may not have tried otherwise. Could tell at a glance if there were new recipes, and I loved to read the intro about each one. Sometimes I only had a minute or two to spend, but could see what was new and could find what I wanted quickly. Now, when I come to this site it is just 'ho hum' words -- no warm and welcoming pictures - no special uniqueness about it at all. so disappointing. I feel like I've lost a good friend.

I realize the recipes are still here, and am appreciative of that for sure. But it just isn't the same --- the warm and welcoming nature is gone.

• Pics of food are part of what made this site awesome.

While I think it's very cool that they've been adding other stuff, I must say that I'll probably be less inclined to visit the site so often if the pics don't resurface.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I'm pretty sure Kandace and Ray said the pictures would be fixed. Thanks for all your hard work, I can imagine it's not a pleasant task :)

• I don't like it but I hope when the transition is done that things won't be so bad. I like looking at the pictures when viewing recipes and now I can't seem to find pictures at all. I found out yesterday how to do the advance search. It does make searching for recipes easier but even when I selected the pictures option, no pictures showed up. I think it's great that they are upgrading the site and even if I don't like the new format, I'll continue to come here.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

We are reading your comments and listening to feedback, definitely. The change was big, yes. But, honestly, the former site just wasn't stable enough and was often down. Our very first concern is creating a site that is there for you at all times - whenever you need to find and make a recipe. We think we've done that.

Now, we're moving on to the fit and finish of the site. You'll see we've started applying the new look and adding in many of the features that have been requested lately: easier to read text, login and logout buttons on every page, more apparent advanced search, and so on.

As designers, we miss the pretty pictures and home page, too. We're doing our best to bring those back, but do want to make sure that everything is working well as we go along.

Patience, friends.

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I almost commented a few days ago about how I didn't like the new look. I am glad I waited, because I am happy with today's changes!

Thank you for all of the hard work.

One question though, how can I find my own recipes? There used to be a folder on my profile, but now I can't find them.

Daniefon, your recipes are behind the "Track" tab on your profile, as well as the forums you have started and those on which you have posted. They're mixed together, and are arranged chronologically by most recent activity (postings).

There are some additional site use hints and tips on this thread: http://www.goneraw.com/forum/site-use-tips-and-hints

Brenda

• evergreenevergreen Raw Master

hi daniefon..there is a feature on the recipe tab in the header..if you go to 'recipes' and click on the word 'name' on the top of the list, you can sort in ascending or descending order by the authors name. currently your recipes appear on pages 30 and 31 :)...as far as i know when the site is done our published recipes should be on our profiles again:)

you can also sort by date, title, or rating if you click on those:)

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

Thank you! During the transition, I used the track tab, but then I lost it. I will try both the track and recipe sorting trick.